I LOVE the 80s!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Oooo, just remembered. A few weeks ago I found a manual from my VCR in 1985. It was made in Japan! Now THAT'S 80s nostalgia for ya, when Japan manufactured most of the electronics in your house. I dare to find a current "made in Japan" label in your house now! (no, your auto doesn't count)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Oooo, just remembered. A few weeks ago I found a manual from my VCR in 1985. It was made in Japan! Now THAT'S 80s nostalgia for ya, when Japan manufactured most of the electronics in your house. I dare to find a current "made in Japan" label in your house now! (no, your auto doesn't count)
    I don't think much of your auto is made there anymore either (too expensive!)
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Buying glass bottled soda and then taking them to the grocery store to recycle and getting $ for each bottle!

New York Selters! YUM

Wearing neon clothes (back in style) in layers with keds and the little shirt clip things and scrunchies to match!

GI Joe "Now you know and knowing is half the battle!"

Best kids shows ever on Nickelodeon and Disney. The ones today SUCK
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    http://www.pinterest.com/03nov/80-s-childhood/

I hope you don't mind me posting that, but it's a link to my Pinterest 80's childhood board. Lots of nostalgia :-)

I still looooove 80's stuff, especially much of the music.

Awesome board. Brought back some great memories and made me feel old lol.

Thank you!!
  • JulieE1002
    JulieE1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Remember when computers were the size of an entire building? Ahhhhhh those were the days! I took my first computer class in 1980 - the server was located across town in an entire building! I remember the instructor telling us that during our lifetimes we would see computers that would fit in our pockets - and the classroom roared with laughter.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I remeber my mom had to stand in line with me at Venture to buy the Beastie Boys Licensed to Ill cassette tape because I wasnt old enough to buy it by myself. Dont know what the age restriction was, maybe 18?
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    mikxw7.jpg

I loved and still do, Patrick. I met him and his wife (now widow) Lisa because I was taking classes with his mother Patsy. He was cool and just plain gorgeous.

My link to Patrick Swayze was working on his auto insurance policy. He was high risk and had to have one out of PA.

I am not surprised. Everything that Patrick did was high risk!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    *bump* for the night shift

Oh, and how about "Choose Your Own Adventure" books? I had dozens of them, but particularly remember this one:
    81a0224128a085dcaa60c010.L.jpg
  • ThinkInOregon
    ThinkInOregon Posts: 283
    Options
    The music. When it was actually good!
    motley-crue-crue-fest_zps7e3d6a86.jpg

Hell yes to this! Hoping to see their farewell tour in KC in August!

Already have tickets for their Dallas show in July. Will be the 3rd time seeing them!
  • Quivo
    Quivo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i don't know how to post a pic
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I loved everything about the 80's!

I even had the huge hair that I teased out with a can of Aqua Net per day!

Me too!
  • Quivo
    Quivo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    stiff stuff was the best for big hair
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I was a goth for most of the 80's so despised most of the stuff in this thread as sad.

I am aware of the irony of this
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Karate Kid !!
    keep-calm-sweep-the-leg.jpg
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Freak yeah! The best decade ever!!!! I was born in '83 and some of my best songs came out that year: Middle of the Road by The Pretenders, Mr. Roboto by Styx, Under Pressure by ZZ Top and a few more. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to jam out to these while looking through my Garbage Pail Kids cards in the company of my Teddy Ruxbin.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    *bump* for the night shift

Oh, and how about "Choose Your Own Adventure" books? I had dozens of them, but particularly remember this one:
    81a0224128a085dcaa60c010.L.jpg

Yes! I remember my elementary school carrying these for sometime.