SHould I rest ?

Options
I could barely lift my arms to hold a bowl of salad today b/c of my workout yesterday does that mean I should rest or push through the pain? lol I know its stupid but seriously Ive heard it both ways.

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I'd do something. A good cardio workout will help with the soreness. If you are doing something like shred where you are supposed to do it everyday, my advice is to do it. Unless you are injured, I would keep going.

BTW- It's not stupid :smile:
  • rhoward66
    rhoward66 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think you should rest those arms and work another body part or cardio.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Do cardio but don't do any lifting. Let the muscles recover and build.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'd do something. A good cardio workout will help with the soreness. If you are doing something like shred where you are supposed to do it everyday, my advice is to do it. Unless you are injured, I would keep going.

BTW- It's not stupid :smile:
    I DID do the shred last night lol Im not used to going that long with a workout Ive been going easy on myself with ten min here and there throughout the day b/c i have three babies and didnt want to be this sore. I dont even know if i can physically do the shred again tonight lol
  • coastalstorm25
    Options
    Give your arms a rest....stretch them out and get all that lactic acid outta there....you can work different body parts though, and if you want you can do some cardio as well.
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    There is no "right" or "wrong" way of doing it.
    You have the DOMS and it will get worse in 48 hours.. I would suggest that you go swimming as you will use those arms but in a different motion. That will help with the recovery.. Or if you are up to it, do some very light weight training and follow it up with some easy cardio. Make sure to drink and eat to help with re-plenishing the muscle fibers.
    if it is just too hard to do anything, try at least walking and use your arms and then take An Epsom Salt bath before going to bed.

Just Don't do the same exercises as yesterday..

to your health
    Dounia
  • shannontay
    shannontay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's actually VERY important to let muscles rest a day in between strength training. When you strength train, you are tearing down your muscle. It takes over 24 hours for it to rebuild (stronger) - therefore, if you "tear it down" again the very next day, you don't gain any strength or new muscle tone. Ideally, you only work the same muscles every 48 hours maximum. But you can do legs one day, arms the next, etc. And cardio is fine every day