Calorie help!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ccarpenter80
    Options
    Oatmeal? or If I'm running late maybe a protein bar?

I do fasted cardio at 5am 4-5 days a week for a half an hour on the elliptical.

This honestly concerns me. Eating a healthy breakfast when you wake up is very important for how you feel the rest of the day and it also helps kick start your metabolism. You are not gaining anything by trying to do cardio on an empty stomach. You should at least have a quick energizing snack is you don't have time for breakfast right then. A piece of toast with some peanut butter would even be fine.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I do fasted cardio at 5am 4-5 days a week for a half an hour on the elliptical.

This honestly concerns me. Eating a healthy breakfast when you wake up is very important for how you feel the rest of the day and it also helps kick start your metabolism. You are not gaining anything by trying to do cardio on an empty stomach. You should at least have a quick energizing snack is you don't have time for breakfast right then. A piece of toast with some peanut butter would even be fine.

Eating or not eating breakfast will have absolutely no significant impact on your metabolism. Some people find it gives them increased mood and focus and decreased hunger throughout the day. Others have the opposite reaction. It is perfectly okay to skip breakfast.
  • ccarpenter80
    Options
    This is exactly what I need to keep reminding myself. I need alot of patience to get to the goals I have will take time..

Also, 3500 calories is about equal to a pound of fat. This means you need to have a deficit of 3500 calories to lose one pound.

And a reminder, it is not healthy to lose more than 2lbs per week. You are more likely going to put your body into starvation mode which will slow your metabolism. Slow and steady wins the race.