Confused - can you eat more if you're lifting heavy?

Options
2»

Replies

• fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    OP, what is your height and weight? How many days are you going to be training and for how long during each session?

I'm 5ft 6, 148lbs. I started stronglifts 5x5 today, I plan to do this 2-3 times a week (it took me about 40minutes) and I currently cycle 2-3 times a week(about 40 minutes) but might drop this to twice a week.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, really appreciate it!

Scooby's site estimates your TDEE - 20% at 1670 per day. A 15% cut gives you 1775. Looks like you have less than 20 lbs to lose, a smaller cut would probably be more beneficial in the long run and would give you fuel for your workouts.

You have to be really strict with weighing/measuring when you get closer to goal weight too because the deficit is smaller.

Just echoing this point...

OP, with your activity level...cycling and lifting, etc there is know way your TDEE is 1450 calories. My guess is that number is a more aggressive cut from your TDEE as mentioned above, with only 20 Lbs to lose an aggressive calorie cut is not optimal, particularly as you workout.

Just double checked and think I must have put the wrong info into scooby because that's the site I used but originally came out with 1450 to lose just under a pound a week, I think I put down sedentary as I was worried I was being over optimistic. Thank god for you guys though, now I can eat more and get strong, yay!