Master Cleanse...Does it really work?

Options
Hello! I'm a little curious.. Ok, so I don't know about you but I have filled my body with some toxic things in the past. I have recently heard of the master cleanse lemonade diet and how it cleans your bowels and intestines of all the junk that's cluttered up in it. I was wondering if anyone has either tried it? If so are there any pros? cons? or just any good advice. Thanks!!

(I do NOT want to do this solely as a means to lose weight. I have read that you probably will lose weight but gain it right back after the cleanse, which is fine with me. If I do decide to do this, it will be for 10 days and for health benefits)

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    if by cleanse you mean it cleanses you're wallet- then yes.

otherwise no- you're body actually has a very adept balanced system for "cleansing" itself.

what junk do you think is cluttered up in there anyway?
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'll come give you an in-person high five if you last 10 days....
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I just did the best cleanse I possibly could. Took about 10 minutes, but it cleaned me right out!
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    what junk do you think is cluttered up in there anyway?
    This is what I was going to ask. Unless you have diverticulitis or an impacted colon, nothing is in there that shouldn't be...
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    i69xz7.gif

Meet your kidney and liver
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a little curious.. Ok, so I don't know about you but I have filled my body with some toxic things in the past. I have recently heard of the master cleanse lemonade diet and how it cleans your bowels and intestines of all the junk that's cluttered up in it. I was wondering if anyone has either tried it? If so are there any pros? cons? or just any good advice. Thanks!!

(I do NOT want to do this solely as a means to lose weight. I have read that you probably will lose weight but gain it right back after the cleanse, which is fine with me. If I do decide to do this, it will be for 10 days and for health benefits)

Toxic things? Like... asbestos? Lead paint? Just drink some coffee and drop a deuce. Bam done.
  • vedalewis
    vedalewis Posts: 37
    Options
    lol.. i don't really know of any junk.. :smile: I was just repeating what I had heard about it cleaning someone out
  • hei_ma_ma
    hei_ma_ma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    lol.. i don't really know of any junk.. :smile: I was just repeating what I had heard about it cleaning someone out

It's ok. You're not the first and you won't be the last. It's just a marketing scheme. You have no need for a cleanse.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

well- now you know and we saved you a boat load of money :)

go eat at white castle and you'll get all the cleansing you need!
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Did it for 19 days. Lost 11kg (24lbs). The moment I put the first solid food into my mouth I could not stop eating. Gained it all back plus some. It was not true fat loss. From the 3rd day I was on an euphoric high. Can honestly say I wasn't hungry at all. For any health or detox benefits? Nope, nothing for me. This is the kind of thing you do once, and then never again! i bought the lemons, maple syrup, cayenne pepper and sea salt for a second go, did not even last 3 hours lol. Typing this now, I just realize more and more all the silly and really stupid things I did to lose weight. There really isn't any pills for stupid!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Liz-Lemon-Nope-Hipster-Nonsense-30-Rock.gif
  • Pr1ncessWarrior
    Pr1ncessWarrior Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    well that made me laugh out loud at work
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, cayenne & honey or maple syrup? That thing right?

All those ingredients are good natural detoxifiers anyway. If I'm starting to feel like I'm catching a cold or getting sick, I'll drink that for 2-3 days & I'm usually golden. Once in awhile (maybe 2 or 3 times a year) I'll do it for a couple days like a detox reset if I feel the need. You are right that a lot of times people lose weight quickly but they gain it right back, so it's not good for things like a diet or anything long term. You're pretty much just losing water weight. The first time I did it, I did it for a week straight. It wasn't too bad except I think days 2 & 3 (my first time was about 4 years ago.) But I don't really see the need to do it more than a few days. You can get benefits from the natural ingredients just by having a drink within your regular day any way, provided you are eating fairly clean (ie no alcohol or cheeseburgers.)

Fiber is another natural thing that is used to help your body cleanse your digestive system anyway too, so eat your veggies. :)
  • vedalewis
    vedalewis Posts: 37
    Options
    Thank you Everyone for saving me so much needed money!!! :wink: I'm glad that I asked and didn't waste my time. and I've worked too hard to lose this weight do something that would potentially make me overeat and gain it all back.. thanks again!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, cayenne & honey or maple syrup? That thing right?

All those ingredients are good natural detoxifiers anyway. If I'm starting to feel like I'm catching a cold or getting sick, I'll drink that for 2-3 days & I'm usually golden. Once in awhile (maybe 2 or 3 times a year) I'll do it for a couple days like a detox reset if I feel the need. You are right that a lot of times people lose weight quickly but they gain it right back, so it's not good for things like a diet or anything long term. You're pretty much just losing water weight. The first time I did it, I did it for a week straight. It wasn't too bad except I think days 2 & 3 (my first time was about 4 years ago.) But I don't really see the need to do it more than a few days. You can get benefits from the natural ingredients just by having a drink within your regular day any way, provided you are eating fairly clean (ie no alcohol or cheeseburgers.)

Fiber is another natural thing that is used to help your body cleanse your digestive system anyway too, so eat your veggies. :)

Magic.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Thank you Everyone for saving me so much needed money!!! :wink: I'm glad that I asked and didn't waste my time. and I've worked too hard to lose this weight do something that would potentially make me overeat and gain it all back.. thanks again!

I'll give you a hi5 for not buying the cleanse and THEN asking about it. Props to you and best of luck!!

:flowerforyou: :drinker:

ETA: Links with great info and tips if you are interested in reading :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1214490-the-wisdom-of-trogalicious?page=1#posts-19000763

http://body-improvements.com/2013/05/24/undiet-your-diet/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1122891-9-reasons-fat-loss-is-always-slower-than-you-d-like

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1105036-article-on-flexible-dieting-by-armi-legge?page=1#posts-17068746
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    DetoxGraph_zps6af67182.png