Skinny Saturday Challenge

Options
:flowerforyou: Do you need a weekend boost? I sure do! Many times the weekend is a challenge to get through and we end up undoing everything we worked so hard for through the week. :grumble: Take the Skinny Saturday Challenge and finish your weekend with a smile on your face! :bigsmile: Here's what it entalis:

Think double, double, double! :happy:
Double your exercise~ :tongue:
Double your water intake (within healthy limits)~ :drinker:
Double your willpower to stop eating after dinner and log every tidbit that crosses those lips! :bigsmile:

Just let us know now if you are in....then check in and out when you can tomorrow to let us know how it is going and encourage someone else. :heart: Grab a buddy and make the commitment! There is power in numbers....I know one thing for sure.....

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IN! :bigsmile:

Bring it on Mr. Saturday!!! :laugh:

Replies

• JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I am in! Thanks for the post!
  • bigputz
    Options
    I am in for the Saturday challenge.
  • alexserrano85
    Options
    And what a challenge! I got a barbecue at my boyfriend's 2morrow! I'm in though!!!
  • hmdavis
    hmdavis Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm in, today is my rest day, so tomorrow I should be ready to hit the gym hard!!
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Ya I am in like usual and I really need it after today. I gave into temptaion a few times today and I need to make up for it this weekend! LETS DO IT!!:glasses:
  • desgetstrim
    desgetstrim Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm In!
  • Degren
    Degren Posts: 80
    Options
    Sounds fun. For me, it is also a great day to cook up some healthy foods in advance, so I won't be tempted by the quick and easy (and unhealthy) while I am at work.
  • vestap
    vestap Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes I am in. Come on Skinnt Saturdays!!!!!
  • valencia08
    Options
    Fab! The weekend are not great for me but going to put my all!!! Better get gym kit ready so no excuses....
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    My spirit is in! My body will be in Chicago! Perhaps the people staying in my house would like to join. I'll ask.
  • groovylaura
    Options
    SOUNDS GREAT TO ME:bigsmile:!!! I need all the motivation I can get (especially on the weekend:devil:)! Thanks for the invite! I think I can do very well, but I hope I will remember to check in with you guys. I'm quite senile at times:tongue:... Good luck to all:heart:!!! Take care, Laura :bigsmile:
  • stormywxs
    stormywxs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I would love to play. If I can use my honey due list to count as exercise this will help me kill two birds with one stone - double my Saturday calorie burning activity and make wifey happy. thanks for the opportunity. See you all tomorrow with a double list of gut burning activities.
  • bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I need a weekend boost!! Thanks glad I am not the only one!!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!:flowerforyou:

OK team, what is your gameplan for today? I am planning on getting one of my workouts in early. I will be on the treadmill before 10am. I am filling my water pitcher up to get that water chilling. :drinker: I can guzzle it when it is very cold. I like mine with lemon. I have some chores to do today at home. This afternoon will be my second workout. :tongue: That will be my reward for finishing my chores! I am keeping it lean today on the food front. With all of the working out I should still be able to enjoy a nice dinner with hubby.:heart: It is a beautiful day in the Midwest. I plan on getting outside for part of the day to get some vitamin D! Here is to a super skinny Saturday!:drinker: Take time out to check in with us and let us know how you are doing. Make friends with someone new today. There is power in numbers!:smooched:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Going to workout RIGHT NOW! I will be trying a new yoga routine later, too and we have some shopping to do. Lots of healthy choices around so food is not a problem. I will be drinking more green tea than water though--it is cold today!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! I started off my saturday by giong to the gym and taking a step class. didnt wear my HRM so not sure about the calorie burn but i'm guessing somewhere around 500. had a bowl of cereal to hold me over until lunch. but i'm still deciding on lunch options....

hava a great day everyone!
  • cnp8942
    cnp8942 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm in! Does that mean I should drink about 16 glasses of water today? :tongue:
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    I'm in! Does that mean I should drink about 16 glasses of water today? :tongue:

If you can and you feel it is right with your body. Don't ever overdo anything that feels wrong for you or not within reason. For me, it is within reason.

Proud of me....went 47 minutes on the treadmill. Have a pilates workout scheduled later today. Hooray for Skinny Saturday!:happy:
  • stormywxs
    stormywxs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Shoulders/Arms and Ab Ripper for over an hour then mowed lawn TWICE to get rid of all my pine needles. MFP log says I burned over 1,000 calories doing that. It feels like I burned 2,000 cals and in reality I probably burned 800. However you look at it though I doubled downed my calorie burning activity for Skinny Saturday. Now if can can NOT double down my calorie input I'll be ahead. Thanks for the challenge:tongue: See you all next week.

Stormy Weathers
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Shoulders/Arms and Ab Ripper for over an hour then mowed lawn TWICE to get rid of all my pine needles. MFP log says I burned over 1,000 calories doing that. It feels like I burned 2,000 cals and in reality I probably burned 800. However you look at it though I doubled downed my calorie burning activity for Skinny Saturday. Now if can can NOT double down my calorie input I'll be ahead. Thanks for the challenge:tongue: See you all next week.

Stormy Weathers

:happy: Great job Stormy W! Honey-do list/Check; exercise/check! It was a win/win! Keep those cals down and drink lots of water today.

:tongue: I have my Skinny Saturday in! Just started a pot of chicken tortilla soup for supper which is low fat and high fiber. Workouts are in and water good,. I will continue to guzzle through the evening. :bigsmile: Feeling pretty good about my Skinny Saturday....How about everyone else? :flowerforyou: