unexplained nausea

Options
GretaGirl8
GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
anyone experience this? i know that 1.) i am not pregnant; 2.) i do not have food poisioning; and 3.) i do not have the stomach flu.

i postponed lunch today due to an appointment and had a very light breakfast of some plain (no milk) rice chex...but as soon as i bit into lunch a wave of nausea hit me like a ton of bricks. my lunch was salmon--which i know can be tricky for some people's taste--but i have eaten this routinely. it did not spell, look or taste off. needless to say, i did not continue eating. i felt fine just before...and feel fine now (though the thought of eating most things does not sit well with me right now).

i know this is a rather broad topic (nausea), but i am just curious if anyone has encountered this in a dieting/nutritional context.

Replies

• Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    We're you really really hungry by lunch time? If I wait too long to eat i get incredibly nauseous. Or if this was a one time thing maybe you're coming down with a bit of a tummy bug?
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Do you take any vitimins, I get nauseous when I have my iron tablets without enough food in ym stomach. Green tea on an empty stomach also tends to make me nauseous from time to time. Other than that, it could be just plain old hunger
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Even though you might not have food poisoning, it could be that the fish was "off". Sometimes it doesn't have to taste bad to be bad.