My Ali?

Options
I think this is what the product is called. Has anyone used it or know anything about it? We are in the States on holiday (can't buy it in Canada) and a friend of mine had told me about it, but I don't know anything about it. Anyone help me out? I;m not into pills, so I want to know about it before I buy it. Thanks

Replies

• robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Save your money. I mean that in a nice way:flowerforyou: You should just adopt a healthy lifestyle that includes a balanced diet and exercise. You do not need that stuff to acheive your goals:smile: You have MFP to encourage you and offer you support!
  • alysen2012
    Options
    Okay i dont mean to sound nasty but i tried it and the side affects are that it gives u the craps if u do not get a 1800 calorie a day. And plus it made me really sick. But different people have different reactions to it but i agree save ur money dont buy it just stick with MFP.
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    Thanks you guys. I have been eating healthy and excersising and lost 24 pounds since July, which I think is a healthy rate. I have never used diet pils/gimmicks and I didn't want to start, but I wanted to know about it as my friend thought it was so good.
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    The "Medicine" basicly uses negative reinforcement to train your eating habits. It binds to fat molecules and makes them impossible to absorb, so yes it does block fat. But the fat has to go somewhere doesn't it? Alli basicly will make you crap your pants if you dont adhere to its strict diet plan. But really sugar is whats bad for you mostly in large ammounts, and alli blocks both GOOD and bad fats from your body. Pills are bandaids that dont work. If you want anything done right you have to do it yourself, like they say.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Your better off taking laxatives because that's what Ali is a expensive Laxative and a waste of money!!
  • amorgenroth
    Options
    I myself have taken it and didnt have what everyone else is talking about. The whole point of Alli is to give you a better chance at loosing weight while you are learning how to eat right. If you do the program how it's suppose to be done you dont get the negative side effects. I never had problems like the people on here are saying. If i remember correctly, I believe you are not suppose to eat over 15 grams of fat a meal-which isnt bad. If you want more information, google Alli and go to their webiste. This was actually recommended to me by my doctor and it worked well for me.
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    "The whole point of Alli is to give you a better chance at loosing weight while you are learning how to eat right."

Apologies if this sounds crass, but your statement makes no sense to me at all. How about simply giving your own body a chance, on its own terms, to lose weight while you're learning how to eat right? In my opinion, there is no magic pill. The body is an amazing thing and even the smallest of changes *should* reflect in a downward trend. If the goal is to lower your "bad" daily fat intake, one can do that simply by making healthier choices.

Personally, I make a point to get "good" fats in my daily menu and I'd hate for some pill to strip all the benefits of good fats in the form of oily discharge. BUT, that's just my opinion.
  • BexC
    BexC Posts: 53
    Options
    I was on it and I lost 2stone (28lbs) on it! i had no side effects on it at all and long as you eat properly you dont get the GI problems. I have managed to lose without it now but at the time I needed it to help due to health problem xx
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    My Aunt and uncle work at UCSF. She's a nutritionalist and he's a doctor. She looked into ALI for my dad and I and said it's pretty good. You take the pill before you eat and it actually makes a coating around 1/3 of the fat you eat and you just poop it out. SOrry for the graphic description. It sounds great, right? The set back is that you HAVE to follow a very lean low fat diet. If you consume too much fat (it's talked about in detail on the booklet that comes with the pills) you get explosive diarrea. So, keep that in mind. I was terrified to eat anything that I wasn't completely sure about. Cause what if there was some hidden fat in it and i had an accident somewhere public (: anyway. My Aunt said it's definitely safe, just be cautious.