Cooking Oil Alternatives? Low Fat/Calories/Carbs

Options
TiberiusClaudis
TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
I usually use olive oil or coconut oil when I fry things like eggs or veggies, like when I stir fry.

My sister in law suggested using chicken broth...it actually works great. Went from using 110 calories down to 4 or 8. Any other suggestions?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,661 Member
    Options
    I still just use oil, but use a sprayer that you can fill with your own oil, whidh does minimize the amount needed. Mine is made by Misto and I am very happy with it. A silicon kitchen brush is another useful tool for minimizing use of oil. The material is heat resistant and can help evenly distribute a thin film of oil.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I have one of those "thingamajigs" that you use in the microwave for cooking eggs (they make a bigger one for omelettes also) no oils necessary and they clean up nicely. Two egg whites are ready in 1 minute and the right shape and size for a breakfast sandwich :flowerforyou:
  • hitsnooze
    hitsnooze Posts: 79
    Options
    i dry fry in a good quality non stick pan and it works great for me. if i want to brown some garlic i use 2.5g of butter which is perfectly adequate to me also
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I just use water. I know it wont work for everything, but it works great for veggies.