Looking to lose this weight for good

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Christine and Ive 2 litte boys, I just had my 2nd 6 months ago.
After he was born I lost 30 lbs eating healthy and working out. But in the last 2 month
Ive gained 15lbs back and now am at 172 lbs. Every time I start to lose weight I eventually fall off the wagon
and always put it back on. My goal is to 25-30lbs by the end of Febuary. MY hubby and I are taking the honeymoon we never had in Hawaii. I really want to look good beach and be healtier for myself and my family.
I could use the support of an online community because I dont have any family around.
SO far I have been trying my best to do 30 mins cardio and 20 strength every other day and on the off
days I do 45 mins of cardio pilates. Im looking forward to chatting with you guys!

Replies

• JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for 3 months, starting my 4th. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • lindabuckiewicz
    lindabuckiewicz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Christine,

You can obviously do it! It is no small feat to lose weight with young ones. Just keep that honeymoon in mind when you want to go off track. Even if you do occasionally slip up ( we all do!), look at it as a one time occurance. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get right back to healthy eating! You can meet your goal.

Good luck,
    Linda
  • RobertsMommy
    RobertsMommy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Thats funny thing
    everytime I about to pick up that chocolate bar at check out line I whisper to myself
    Hawaii! lol it works most time!
  • myrbg
    myrbg Posts: 93
    Options
    you can totally do this!
    first off, how exciting is your honeymoon plans?! second, how more exciting will it be when you're strolling along the beach feeling like a million bucks!?
    we already have something in common: to lose the weight for good. =] let's encourage each other!
  • lindabuckiewicz
    lindabuckiewicz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Christine,

I act the same way at the checkout! I have a son getting married next year and I keep thinking of those wedding pictures. I don't want to be the chubby mother of the groom!

We can do it!!!!

Linda
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    hey Christine! welcome to mfp this should be the support you need to help you meet your goals! if you'd like to friend me for some extra support feel free :)
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Options
    You know you can do this!! Good luck and keep Hawaii in mind!! That's an excellent motivater.!!!
  • RobertsMommy
    RobertsMommy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouraging words. Im looking forward to this change!