Unable to exercise :-(

Options
Hi all, i am unable to exercise at the moment and i find that very hard to loose weight on diet alone

after a painful pregnancy, a csection and now i have a prolapes disc im waiting on some back injections to get me to the point im comfortable to be moving again.

to return to my pre-pregnancy weight ive got only just over a stone to go, but im so untoned and out of shape its horrible :-(

does anyone have any good ideas on how i can burn some calories while less mobile ?
(other than typing of course heheheh)

thanks in advance for any suggestions :-)

Replies

• CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Can you hit a punching bag if you chair's rolled up to it, or move your arms in a punching or bicycle motion? I used to love/hate the Krankcycle whenever I complained to my trainer that I couldn't use my legs! I also remember crutches were awesome for an arm workout, and I reckon wheelchairs work similarly.

What parts can you safely move?
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    What can you move? Unless you're restrained in bed, I'm assuming there's gotta be some movement you can do that doesn't cause you damage or pain...
  • askimgeorge
    askimgeorge Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies :-D ..... i can walk, but not for long, i cant drive far as that make it really bad.
    im not in a wheelchair thankfully, but i was on crutches, ive traded them in for my buggy :-) my daughter is quiet happy to sit in her buggy or in a shopping trolley :-)
    im ok to walk slowly, with no hills or slopes, i find it hard to go up stairs, and i find it hard to sit at a table on a hard chair and i find it hard to sit on the floor (or get off the floor)
    i can sit on the sofa hahhahha, and most of my top half of my body is ok, but i dont think i could throw my weight at a punch bag (shame next door have one) all the pain is in my lower back and hips
    i do have a 13mth old daughter to look/chase after, and i have to pick her up but its very painfull, luckly she can walk now (faster than me hehehheheh)
    i feel ive been inactive so long all my calf muscles are tight and i feel all scrunched up :-(
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Here you go---a portable hand bicycle, under $100, and the effort comes from the biceps, triceps, chest, lats, and traps. In other words, your hips / lower-back don't need to move in the least. :)

If your budget's tight, there are cheaper versions.

www.amazon.com/Exerpeutic-7101-Active-Cycle-Exercise/dp/B00EBXK14C
  • askimgeorge
    askimgeorge Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    awsome thanks ..... sounds like a plan :-)