Problem "going"

Options
Ok so this is probably gonna be TMI but I need to know....if you or say I don't have regular bowel movements even after all the salads and veggies I eat daily...what do you suggest? I can even drink coffee in the morning and it can still be 2 days before it happens. :( Help me please! Should I incorporate Metamucil into my morning routine? or maybe someone has a better suggestion?

Replies

• MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Do you have the feeling that you need to go and just can't? Or do you only go every 2 days or whatever?
    If you feel fine and only go every few days I don't think that's a problem.
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Do you have the feeling that you need to go and just can't? Or do you only go every 2 days or whatever?
    If you feel fine and only go every few days I don't think that's a problem.

Every 2 days

ETA: Sometimes I can go a couple days in a row and then its back to every 2 days....honeslty I don't remember the last time I went on a weekend...its like my body shuts down and doesn't go till midday monday..i dunno its so weird
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Add some flax seed to your diet.
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Has it always been that way for you or is this a sudden change?

Do you get enough fibre in your diet?

Do you drink plenty of water?

Are there any health reasons or medications that may be causing this?
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Has it always been that way for you or is this a sudden change?

Do you get enough fibre in your diet?

Do you drink plenty of water?

Are there any health reasons or medications that may be causing this?

Based on the MFP phone app I go over on fiber on a daily basis...i eat alot of broccolli. As for the other questions...I have started to pick up on my water intake and I have no health issues (thanks be to God)

ETA: Sorry...yeah for the most part it has been this way...really off and irregular
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    If going every 2 days is normal for you then it's normal. If you're feeling actually constipated as in you want to go but you can't then I'd try upping the water even more or speaking to a health professional.