Just so disgusted

Options
pmd14
pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
Before I start I know just brush it off and start anew but it is just so frustrating!!!!!!!
I just feel my whole life has been a struggle with food and weight. My goal was to get healthy not diet. I came to this site to get "control" of what I eat. Well the last 3 days I can't even input my meals I ate so muchand am so disgusted. It started thursday I didn't eat all day but ate all my calories when I went out to eat that night. Friday I exercised Yeah but went on to eat and wound up over my calories significantly. Yesterday was the worst I ate a good breakfast and lunch and even walked 3 miles BUT I went to a party and lost it. Not weight ,my self control. I started to put in what I can remember I ate and oh boy it was twice almost three times my calories and that was what I could remember. It just was all so good - margaritas, corona, salsa/guacomole and chip, tacos, enchiladas, etc. I didn't want to stop. I started to eat the "good" stuff BUT.......
I know today is a new day but it is just so difficult. I feel like I work so hard and then go back to ugly eating so fast. Why can't I just wake up skinny and keep it off?????
Well thanks all for listening

Replies

• pmd14
    Options
    Before I start I know just brush it off and start anew but it is just so frustrating!!!!!!!
    I just feel my whole life has been a struggle with food and weight. My goal was to get healthy not diet. I came to this site to get "control" of what I eat. Well the last 3 days I can't even input my meals I ate so muchand am so disgusted. It started thursday I didn't eat all day but ate all my calories when I went out to eat that night. Friday I exercised Yeah but went on to eat and wound up over my calories significantly. Yesterday was the worst I ate a good breakfast and lunch and even walked 3 miles BUT I went to a party and lost it. Not weight ,my self control. I started to put in what I can remember I ate and oh boy it was twice almost three times my calories and that was what I could remember. It just was all so good - margaritas, corona, salsa/guacomole and chip, tacos, enchiladas, etc. I didn't want to stop. I started to eat the "good" stuff BUT.......
    I know today is a new day but it is just so difficult. I feel like I work so hard and then go back to ugly eating so fast. Why can't I just wake up skinny and keep it off?????
    Well thanks all for listening
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Why can't I just wake up skinny and keep it off?????

:laugh: :laugh: If only........
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I totally feel ya on the self control thing. I'm good and then I go out,and bam....all those alcohol calories creep up. I was doing good...not going out, but..summer's coming, and it's starting.
    We'll have to encourage each other in that dept. Good luck girl!! I'm sure you'll do fine, we're all here for support!
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    The positive thing is, you stopped after 3 days! There are so many people who go weeks, months and years before they are willing to stop eating horribly! Tomorrow is Monday and the start of a new week, perfect time to get back on track!
  • zenlegend
    zenlegend Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    we've all been there.... work on eating 4 small meals through the day and control your blood sugar by eating lean protein with each one of those smallmeals. that's what works for me.

happens to everyone dont kick yourself. everyday is a freshstart.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Right there with you....

zen
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    Options
    Been there. I try to log my food on those "oops" days, anyway. I used to skip that, because it made me feel bad. Then I started writing about my food and exercise choices daily - before bed. That has really helped me get the feelings out and spot my patterns.

You CAN do this. It takes practice - just start again. You have only failed if you give up.

:flowerforyou: cm
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    Parties are hard to not throw everything into the wind. I eat before I go to a party so I'm full when I get there. I don't really drink much anymore, it started out b/c of the empty calories, not it just makes me feel crappy even if I have one or two. Next time get a box of altoids or tictacs, pop those in your mouth, if you have peppermint in your mouth it doesn't go so well with guacomole and chips or anything else, i's kind of like the effect you get after you brush your teeth and you don't want to put anything in your mouth. Make sure you drink more water than usual the next cople of days, my trainer told me that hte body bloats up from bad food and alcohol the days following. Start over agin Monday, you are human, nice thing is each day is an opportunity to start over and wipe the slate clean:flowerforyou:
  • pmd14
    Options
    thanks everyone for your support. It feel good to know I'm not alone.
  • jenndf
    jenndf Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself!!!!! EVERYONE has those days and if they tell you they don't they are lying!

I know exactly how you feel. I did the same thing last week. For three days straight I totally pigged out, ate everything I wanted (nothing healthy, of course), and drank WAY too many cocktails for my own good. Not only did I feel like crap from too much alcohol, I felt even worse because of the guilt I experienced for "failing" as far as my self-control was concerned.

After I was done scolding myself, I realized that even the most devoted fitness and nutritional gurus will tell you that it is okay to let yourself have a little "cheat session" every once in a while. As long as you KNOW that you need to get back on track and make an honest effort to take those baby steps forward, you don't need to flog yourself in the garage for getting briefly lost on a very long journey.

Best of Luck to you!
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I tend to psyche myself out when I am tracking my calories. Maybe you need a few days off from the site?

Approach it as a way to be honest with yourself about what you are eatting. If you go over, then fine! At least you logged it and you were honest. Maybe next time you can stop yourself by knowing how many calories you are taking in. Take care of yourself emotionally for a few days and you'll be fine.