Chick fil a & other fast food places

Options
Hiya! So, I was wondering what you guys get that's 'healthy' at fast food places?

Sometimes I don't have time to meal prep or I'm out and get really hungry, so I just try to pick something healthy from a fast food joint.

Two of my favorites are a grilled chicken market salad- no blue cheese, no dressing- from Chick-fil-a for 120 calories or a fresco chicken/steak taco from Taco bell for around 150 calories.

What do you guys get / recommend? (:

Replies

• amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I really LOVE Chick-fil-a. I usually get the Original-chicken Sandwich, but skip the fries. It's 440 calories and 28g protein, which fits in my workout day perfectly. They're so good, I might eat 2. Unsweetened iced tea is my pick for a drink.
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm a chipotle girl all the way ;) you can make it healthy or unhealthy.
  • Dylllie
    Dylllie Posts: 72
    Options
    I really LOVE Chick-fil-a. I usually get the Original-chicken Sandwich, but skip the fries. It's 440 calories and 28g protein, which fits in my workout day perfectly. They're so good, I might eat 2. Unsweetened iced tea is my pick for a drink.

Unsweetened ice tea is good. I also really like the diet lemonade, even though splenda probably isn't good for you.
  • Dylllie
    Options
    I'm a chipotle girl all the way ;) you can make it healthy or unhealthy.

I didn't like chipotle haha. I way prefer moo's. Chipotle was too spicy for me.
  • gert1985
    gert1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    At McDonalds I've been getting a cheeseburger without a bun. They put it on a lettuce leaf and believe it or not, it really
    hits the spot and I don't miss the bun. The grilled chicken at Burger King is good, no bun no mayo.
    When I get a salad though, forget it...I ruin it with the dressing.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Whatever I want. If I can't fit it into my day, I work out to make it fit. Nothing is off limits, I just have to make smarter choices and eat less.
  • raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    We like Jimmy Johns - their #2 roast beef (no cheese) as an unwich (lettuce wrap) is under 300 cal, and we like the grilled arctic cod sandwich at carl jr's as a lettuce wrap (under 250 cal as I recall).
  • Dylllie
    Options
    We like Jimmy Johns - their #2 roast beef (no cheese) as an unwich (lettuce wrap) is under 300 cal, and we like the grilled arctic cod sandwich at carl jr's as a lettuce wrap (under 250 cal as I recall).

Ohhh, these are things to try!
  • Dylllie
    Options
    Whatever I want. If I can't fit it into my day, I work out to make it fit. Nothing is off limits, I just have to make smarter choices and eat less.

I'm not worried about calories. I just want things to be healthier.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    The foods in my diet as seen as a whole are healthy since healthy is an aggragate description for your diet as a whole not a term to be used for individual foods. If I eat a bunch of fruits, vegetables, protein, etc, etc, etc, along wtih the occasional chick fil a sandwich and slice of cake, my diet is healthy.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

I'm not worried about calories. I just want things to be healthier.

What makes one thing healthy and another unhealthy? Taking the buns off your chicken sandwich won't make it healthier.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    My local China wok makes all my favorite Chinese dishes with little to no sauce. Moo goo gai pan and happy family are my two favorites. Of course I don't get the rice. I can get 2 meals off of each dish. Moe's has a burrito bowl, I just get the beans pork and veggies. Again I often get 2 meals out of it- no chips. I also like lunch fajitas to-go from the local Mexican joint. No chips, no rice, no tortillas. Again plenty of food for lunch and dinner. The new Asian chicken salad at Wendy's is only around 300 cals and I like it.
    Chick fil a cole slaw and a diet lemonade make a good snack. Captain D's child grilled fish fingers with green beans side is low cal snack. Mcdonalds apple slices and white milk. Subway kids meal.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A's chicken tenders are great in terms of calories and protein while not being too bad on fat. Pair it with a side salad.

Jack in the box has grilled chicken tenders that are only 250 calories and 42g of protein.

Carls Jr has BBQ chicken sandwiches for like...390 calories.

McDonalds salads and a few wraps are under 500 calories.

El Pollo Loco has a whole Under 500 menu that is actually pretty damn good.

Panda Express has grilled teriyaki chicken for like 250 calories (300 with sauce) and 30g+ of protein. Paired with mixed veggies it is a great meal. Or even half mixed veggies half rice.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by healthy?

I'll get whatever I want that fits in my calorie goal and (hopefully) macros (or as close as possible).
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I try my best to not eat fast food but i really don't have a choice on my errand running days. When i do i usually order things like Wraps or Salads because they have less carbs.
  • mlobosco99
    mlobosco99 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Chipotle burrito bowl and McDonalds Chipotle Chicken Snack Wrap - grilled.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I like the grilled chicken sandwich from chick-fil-a, it's just chicken breast, wheat bun, tomato and lettuce. I get the fruit cup as a side too. It's yum
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I love getting Chick-fil-a's 8 piece chicken nugget (you can get them grilled or fried) and the fruit cup on the side. their grilled chicken sandwich is pretty good too, depending on what you're digging, but I personally prefer the grilled chicken sandwich from Wendy's. beware though because they automatically add honey mustard to theirs.
  • HolaMonkey
    HolaMonkey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Protein Box, or a Starbucks warmed turkey bacon sandwich that has English muffin, egg whites and cheese for 230 calories.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    If I want healthy then I'll do a sub place (DeBella's or Jimmy John's, etc) and get a turkey on whole wheat. If I do Chick-fil-A then I'm getting the #1 with fries and will exercise more or eat less the rest of the day. Chipotle is a good place to eat pretty healthy too, although I never eat healthy at Chipotle.