THE PHAT MAN'S PHILOSOPHY OF DIETING

ThePhatMan
ThePhatMan Posts: 49
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
THE PHAT MAN'S PHILOSOPHY OF DIETING

This is for people who have real issues with food

Think about how you want the diet to go.

Ask yourself, can I sustain this type of diet the rest of my life?
I like food that may not be the best for me. I still stay within my calories, but I eat what I want, just smaller portions. I do eat healthier because you can eat more healthy items and stay within your calorie count. The cross between my old eating habits and new eating habits have to find a balance. I believe this type of diet will help me sustain after reaching my goal.

How much exercise do you want to do? Remember that if you are not really an exercise person then trying to do to much when your on the diet may influence your decision to continue exercising once you met your goals. Suggestion would be, only exercise 45 min. a day 4 or 5 times a week. This may still be annoying to you but you will not say I can’t do it because it’s to much. I do believe you should push a little during the exercise to keep a healthy heart and maintain your muscle mass.

I take a vitamin every day and I also have a fiber rich breakfast. Many cereals and granola bars are rich in fiber and other nutrients.

I believe you should eat most of your calories during breakfast and lunch. This will help you sustain yourself throughout the day and help your body digest the nutrients while your up and moving around. Leave 100 to 150 calories for a night time snack, this will hopefully keep you from bingeing at night.

If you truly want to go out and eat a meal that is over your calorie count, go for it. That’s one reason I say only work out 4 or 5 days a week. If you go out to eat then figure out how many calories you overate and work them out over the days that you weren’t suppose to exercise. I don’t recommend cutting to many calories out of your diet over several days to compensate, this may screw up your metabolism.

I recommend a calorie count of 1500 to 1800 for men and 1200 to 1500 for women. I don’t like eating my exercise calories. I stick with my calorie count whether I exercise or not.

Drink plenty of liquid, preferably water.

Tell the people who are closest to you, I am starting a diet, please don’t try to entice me with food that I like or bring home anything that you won’t consume that day. If I want to go out to eat, I will ask you, please do not ask me. Understand if I eat before I go to a function and not at the function. You can motivate me by exercising with me, eating some of the same foods that I do and not making a big deal about this diet. It is private until I decide it isn’t.

If people do not respect your request, throw away the food they brought home. Tell them politely that I don’t want go out to eat tonight, maybe another time. If you do go out to eat look up the restaurant and try to work out a calorie count that you can live with.

Obviously these are suggestions, take what you can from it and junk the rest.

REMEMBER THAT THE DIET IS THE EASY PART, MAINTENANCE IS KEY AND A LIFE LONG PROCESS, GOODLUCK

Replies

This discussion has been closed.