Dealing with feelings

Options
Since I was a young child I have never been able to express my feelings effectively, in turn leading to a variety of negative coping skills throughout the years (I am now 24). As an adult I have struggled with emotional eating/binge eating turned bulimia in order to not gain weight. At present I still struggle with binge eating but have been working on coping skills I am learning. Currently my goal is to get healthy and not have thoughts of food consume my everyday life. I would love to hear anyone's stories and form some type of group for support. Feel free to add me on here!

Replies

• amyenman1
    amyenman1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi is amyenman
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me, I had similar issues! One of the most effective things I did was to start journalling. Every time I found myself in the kitchen when I wasn't hungry or my hand in a bag of chips, I'd sit down and I'd just start journalling. I'd write until my hand cramped up and then some more. Usually by the time I was done I didn't feel the need to eat.

That's obviously a start but it was a good start for me and I've since been able to build up a system of support so I can vent when I need to. I still get the urge to eat when I'm emotional and on occasion still give in but it's rare and it all started with me journalling.

Hope that helps!
  • Catfriend25
    Catfriend25 Posts: 95
    Options
    Hi - I'm so sorry for what You are going through. I don't have bulimia but I feel fat because my best friend in the world said I was fat and ended our friendship for that reason. Hugs You - You cute crocodile!