Apple-shaped dumpling trying to lose weight.

Wotsername
Wotsername Posts: 3
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all. I am new here too.
I may be older than some. I am in the UK, in my early 50s. I feel very young at heart though and am desperately trying (without success so far!) to lose weight. Illness, presecription drugs and lack of activity whilst I recovered have seen me pile on the pounds. Now I am well again I feel slightly depressed that I look so dumpy. I now weigh 228lbs. My heaviest ever.

I have been half-heartedly cutting back - and then find myself tempted by some food or other and eat it! I haven't really learned to discipline myself around food, so all help, advice, motivation and support will be gratefully received.

Replies

• Rachaely
    Rachaely Posts: 113
    Try smaller goals every week or two. I tried adding more exercise first, then changing my diet a little, and then will try to add more fruits and vegetables. But not all at once. Good luck!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Welcome aboard and good luck on your journey to a healthier lifestyle and eating habits!
  • Welcome:flowerforyou:

I feel I'm reading about myself. ...we all feel like this I think until we get the hang of it. I will happen if you keep trying. I lost 29lbs & unfortunately gained most of it back but it does work if you watch your calorie intake & try to exercise everyday!

We can do this but you really have to make yourself log on to this site everyday to keep the accountability happening...then it becomes contagious & you'll be loosing before you know it!

Good Luck:drinker:
  • jeanywren
    jeanywren Posts: 72 Member
    I am a lot older than you!!! And I have found this site very good. Tracking the food is a big help to me since it is so easy to do and gives me a wake up call every once in a while. I feel the amount that is put in for a goal and the calories allowed, not all that bad. I don't really feel deprived but of course, fast food is not really much I have any more because the calories and sodium are out of sight. Give it a whirl, there are lots of people on here to help, and lots of good information. I too, do not get enough exercise and that part is hard for me to do. But, the pounds are slowly coming off and I have stuck it for longer than usual. Good Luck.
  • Oh what lovely people! In a few minutes you have made me welcome. Thank you so much. X :smile:

I am hoping today will be the day when I get my act together and finally stop messing around. I say I want to lose weight but I go far too easy on myself and then wonder why I don't notice the pounds dropping off!
This discussion has been closed.