When will my body get used to an increase in calories?

Options
Okay I have recently upped my calories, well I kind of had no choice. I wasn't eating enough and instead I was binging to make up for the starvation that my body was in even though I was at 1500 cals. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week and I lift 5 out of 6 days and I do cardio. I am now at 1900-2000 cals a day. If I go lower then I begin to binge. I've been playing around with increasing my calories for the past two weeks. Some days are higher then others but I've been gaining, which isn't that bad since I was under weight but my body is puffy and bloated, my face is so round. It's terrible. I know it's water weight but I can't stand it. When will my body get used to my increased calories? I drink a gallon of water a day too.

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    When you increase your daily intake, you initially gain some water weight due to increased sodium and carbohydrate intake, as well as residual food waste. It will happen quickly, over the course of a week or two, then it -should- stop. This is assuming that you are still at a deficit or at maintenance and keeping a similar macronutrient/sodium profile each day.