ok, need some fitness pal help ASAP

Options
2»

Replies

• vanessanator
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks for all of your responses. You all have given me great advice, and I agree 100% that there is no quick and easy solution to weight loss without long term failure, However, this TV opportunity is something that begins in just over 30 days, so a jumpstart to weight loss that follows a healthier long term lifestyle change is really what I was looking for. Many name brand diet plans such as Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers have their jump start "start losing weight immediately" plans in order to keep their clients happy in the initial weeks of their program, so I was just wanting to know if anyone had a positive experience with any sort of jump start program, whether it be name brand or something different. I know that my yo-yo'ing will always continue without a concrete and healthy lifestyle change, and I was there for pretty much all of last year. I know where my mistake was.. I had developed a way of creating healthy alternatives to the typically fatty foods I was craving, but I made the mistake of shutting off all restaurants and occasional sweet cravings. Once I fell into the habit of going out to eat again, its as if it became a daily ritual. Had I learned to moderate unhealthy foods with continuous exercise, and actually weighed myself, I would not have fallen so far behind yet again. This TV opportunity is the reality of how far back I am, since doing promo shoots and seeing myself on TV. In my case, the camera adds 20 lbs! I know that nothing will help me feel fully confident in my own skin until I am back to the healthy weight I once was. Considering my unusual circumstance, a quick jumpstart following a lifestyle change and exercise once my back is healed is sure to lead me back into my happiest, healthiest body.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    So are you not going to take this new job unless you can be thinner by then?

My point is, this date in June is going to come, and you will be on TV, regardless of what you weigh. Change your thought process on this new life style and do something sustainable, you will be happier with this in the end.

On a side note.... Imagine all the people who you will continue to inspire by losing the weight in a healthy manner. You will have all these viewers seeing your progress. Good luck in your journey!
  • irisized
    irisized Posts: 7
    Options
    read up on paleo... I am limited on exercising (knee replacement) just started at 207 now 203 and its been less than 2 weeks and I have wine every night(need to stop that) oh and I am 59 been chubby my whole life. On paleo I am never hungry... and I am trying to do a walking class twice a week ....while they are fast walking I take it slow.... its baby steps, this is the first food change I actually enjoy.... no chemicals or processed food

you can do it
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks for all of your responses. You all have given me great advice, and I agree 100% that there is no quick and easy solution to weight loss without long term failure, However, this TV opportunity is something that begins in just over 30 days, so a jumpstart to weight loss that follows a healthier long term lifestyle change is really what I was looking for. Many name brand diet plans such as Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers have their jump start "start losing weight immediately" plans in order to keep their clients happy in the initial weeks of their program, so I was just wanting to know if anyone had a positive experience with any sort of jump start program, whether it be name brand or something different. I know that my yo-yo'ing will always continue without a concrete and healthy lifestyle change, and I was there for pretty much all of last year. I know where my mistake was.. I had developed a way of creating healthy alternatives to the typically fatty foods I was craving, but I made the mistake of shutting off all restaurants and occasional sweet cravings. Once I fell into the habit of going out to eat again, its as if it became a daily ritual. Had I learned to moderate unhealthy foods with continuous exercise, and actually weighed myself, I would not have fallen so far behind yet again. This TV opportunity is the reality of how far back I am, since doing promo shoots and seeing myself on TV. In my case, the camera adds 20 lbs! I know that nothing will help me feel fully confident in my own skin until I am back to the healthy weight I once was. Considering my unusual circumstance, a quick jumpstart following a lifestyle change and exercise once my back is healed is sure to lead me back into my happiest, healthiest body.

There's no such thing as a "jump start." Some people will experience significant losses in the first week or two, but that's because generally when you start eating at a deficit you eat less carbs/sodium, so you drop some water. It isn't fat. You'll get the same drop whether you're trying a name brand product or not.

Keep in mind though that not everyone has that experience. Just as many people don't lose anything for the first week or two.
  • vanessanator
    Options
    So are you not going to take this new job unless you can be thinner by then?

My point is, this date in June is going to come, and you will be on TV, regardless of what you weigh. Change your thought process on this new life style and do something sustainable, you will be happier with this in the end.

On a side note.... Imagine all the people who you will continue to inspire by losing the weight in a healthy manner. You will have all these viewers seeing your progress. Good luck in your journey!

No I am still going to take the position, but I don't feel as confident considering when I originally auditioned for it, I wore jeans that no longer fit me. I agree, as long as I can feel comfortable in my current body and continue a healthy lifestyle, then slowly but surely I will be back to my ideal weight. I read a quote recently that said something on the lines of, "the way you see yourself will change the way the world sees you". I just need to remind myself every now and then. :)
  • vanessanator
    Options
    read up on paleo... I am limited on exercising (knee replacement) just started at 207 now 203 and its been less than 2 weeks and I have wine every night(need to stop that) oh and I am 59 been chubby my whole life. On paleo I am never hungry... and I am trying to do a walking class twice a week ....while they are fast walking I take it slow.... its baby steps, this is the first food change I actually enjoy.... no chemicals or processed food

you can do it

Thanks for the advice! My back is getting better slowly, so I plan to start with yoga and see how I feel after a few days. I have been very interested in trying the paleo diet, so I'm glad to hear you are having success so far. I also enjoy a glass of wine a few nights a week, but trying to derail myself from having any for at least 2 weeks.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    the thing is, you can't actually jump start fat loss. the human body burns fat slowly. If you lose more than 1-2lb in a week, it's not all fat. It's fat that affects how you look in the mirror and fat that affects your health... say you did a "jump start" programme of some sort.... well you may lose more lbs your first week doing that but you actually won't look any different than if you just started normally, because you'd lose the same amount of fat, the difference is whether you lost additional water weight (which you would regain the weeks after). So you'll look the same whether you do a jump start or not, but your success for the other weeks may be a little better if you avoid the jump start (as in you won't be regaining water weight at the same time that you're losing fat)

jump start is a marketing gimmick, name brand diets do it because it sells, not because it works.

in 30 days you can lose 4-8lb fat (depending on how much you had to start with - the more fat you have the easier it is to lose and the more quickly it can be lost) which may make a difference to how you look - but a jump start gimmick that results in an extra few lbs of water weight loss won't change your apperance, because water weight loss doesn't show in the mirror or on the camera. Only fat loss does.