Fiber and Potassium's Role in Bulking

Options
So, I just found out, that for the past 90 days, I have been at a fiber and potassium deficit (not getting enough daily fiber and potassium in my system according to the 'reports' section of MFP).

How does this influence my bulk?

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    When I've looked into fibre, I haven't found any decent recent to worry about it.

Fibre can actually stop you getting calories/nutrients by moving stuff through the gut quicker, for one.

I'm not so up on potasium, but it does do very stuff regarding water levels etc I believe, so probably is worth making sure you're getting enough.

Note that plenty of foods won't have all the details listed, especially potassium - so you may be getting more than you think.
  • vms4evr
    vms4evr Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    On the potassium... Yeah I hope we're getting more than we think. If you follow MFP I know mine is under every day, significantly under. I've started added potassium pill in my regiment. I'm not big on bananas but they sure help knock that number up. Now if only I could get Sodium to behave ;-)
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Most foods in the db don't include potassium data. You are very likely getting a ton more potassium than an MFP report would show.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Fiber is underreported on MFP. Many entries lack anything for fiber despite having some and most people don't count one a major fiber source; coffee. If you've got a 2-3 cup a day habit, chances are you're getting 5+ g fiber just from coffee.