Basal Rate

pavanneh
pavanneh Posts: 65 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I am a Respiratory Therapist and work 12 hours shifts 3 days a week and sometimes have an extra shift thrown in, but not very often. During those shifts I have to cover the whole hospital, so I am walking/fast walking around ALOT! Hospital is a small community hospital, but it can still take 5 minutes to fast walk from one end to the other. I do add some walking time when I am on my feet the whole 12 hour shift, depending on how much running I am doing and if I even got to sit down and chart more than once a day and eat lunch. I am wondering what should I select in my diet profile. For example sedentary, semi-active (what I have now)? When I am at home I try to be active by going out shopping. Well window shopping actually. I don't like to sit at the house so I walk around Wal-Mart or go to Williamsburg/Yorktown and walk around. However at least 2-3 days a week I can be a couch potato for half the day. One day of being a slug though and I am usually up and moving. I am trying to clean the house more and be more active at home (Partly as a way to save money and partly because I have not taken as good care of the house and property as I should, just as I didn't take care of myself). Anyway, I am noticing I am "feeling" thinner and my clothes fit better, but the scale is not budging. If anything I gained a little. I am wondering if I have set my calorie intake too high. Any thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.