hey there! I'm new...

tulaniq
tulaniq Posts: 46 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
I've been on here for a little over two weeks and wanted to stop lurking and introduce myself :). I've started doing yoga, running, and counting and I've lost 4 pounds so far! I decided to finally get serious about getting in shape because I have a beach vacation coming up over Christmas and I haven't liked the way I look in a bathing suit since I was 4 :/ I have spent ten years telling myself I would lose weight and tone up and it's time to really do it!! I look forward to continuing my journey with all you inspiring folks!

Replies

• DawnMichelle68
    DawnMichelle68 Posts: 38 Member
    welcome!! 4 pounds is a great start.. good for you : ) i have been using the site for 3 weeks now.. I love love love it.. good luck in your journey
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for 3 months, starting my 4th. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • flutechick65
    flutechick65 Posts: 23 Member
    Welcome, I've been a lurker too. A holiday is a great motivator to lose weight. I've been on myfitnesspal for a few weeks and sure find it helpful. Several years ago had a large weight loss of 55 lbs, but then in the last year or two I've put 30 pounds back on (mid 40's thing???) Anyway, like the saying goes "if it's going to be, then it's up to me". So back on the wagon and time to get the weight back down. I'm really feeling motivated and am also looking for people to "feed" off of (not literally, lol). So if you'd like, add me as a friend and we can journey together.
  • Hello,
    I am about to start my 3rd week on Monday. I too am trying to get my self back into shape and lose about 12lbs before Christmas. I am off to a good start. I work out 5 times a week and I have been watching what I eat. Congrats on your loss so far. There is more to come. Keep up the hard work and it will pay off.

-Jackie.
  • tulaniq
    tulaniq Posts: 46 Member
    Thanks everyone! Nice work on your progress so far, see you around MFP :)
This discussion has been closed.