One of those days *vent*

Options
Jamr8231
Jamr8231 Posts: 73 Member
OK, I'm addicted to exercise (more so the endorphins), and actually get ratty if I don't work up a sweat most days.

Do you ever get one of those days where your workout just doesn't go right, no matter what you do? Today was like that for me. I gave it my all on the rower, but just couldn't continue and had to call it quits after 35 minutes. It was exhausting for some reason.

Just, argh!

Replies

• Catfriend25
    Catfriend25 Posts: 95
    Options
    awwww hugs
  • Jamr8231
    Jamr8231 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    awwww hugs

Thanks! I think a long exercise-free weekend is in order.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    That's when I "cheat" with coffee >.>
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it happens. Sometimes it means I'm fighting off a cold or something (that I don't even feel). Otherwise: who knows?
    Those are the days my trainer says, "OK, go and bike it out for 20 min."
    :flowerforyou:
  • tl_dr
    tl_dr Posts: 96
    Options
    On days like that I just try to keep my workouts easy. I try not to fret knowing that the next day I'll have more energy. :ohwell:
    That's when I "cheat" with coffee >.>

:bigsmile: sage advice.
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yup, it's gonna happen. maybe you been hitting it too hard and your body needs a break.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm addicted to exercise (more so the endorphins), and actually get ratty if I don't work up a sweat most days.

Do you ever get one of those days where your workout just doesn't go right, no matter what you do? Today was like that for me. I gave it my all on the rower, but just couldn't continue and had to call it quits after 35 minutes. It was exhausting for some reason.

Just, argh!

Yes!!! I had one of those days on Wednesday. I was supposed to do 60 minutes recovery spin, plus 45 minutes of upper body lifting. I managed to lolligag my way through about 30 minutes of a recovery spin on the bike. It seemed and felt pointless, so I hopped off - or rather slumped off the bike...

I felt semi-tired starting out with the weights, but after working through all lifts for the first sets which all felt horrible, I sat down to recover for a few minutes before doing the 2nd set and fell asleep watching the 5 PM news!!!

End of session.

I didn't feel like I got anything from either as I couldn't complete what was scheduled and felt really blah. Made it even worse at dinner by consuming one too many glasses of wine, then a cup of coffee which I never drink that late at night. That all led to a terrible night of sleep and I pretty much struck out all around.

It happens. Move on to fight another day.

Yesterday, I bounced back and completed my 90 minutes with 3 x 15 minute prescribed intervals, ate well - and slept well.

Hopefully you bounce back and get your groove again..
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Maybe some outside exercise will help:smile:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    As you train- the majority of your workouts start becoming meh.

You will have some amazing days- and you will have some bad days- and then a bunch of meh days. It's quiet common. And the difference between a successful person and an unsuccessful person is the one who says "it's Monday I don't feel like working out but it's monday- which means I lift today- so they go"- verses "it's monday I don't feel like working out so I won't"

it happens- you go in give 100% and do the thing- even if you aren't "having fun" or feeling amazing.

:) that's how successful people get successful.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    You will have some amazing days- and you will have some bad days- and then a bunch of meh days. It's quiet common. And the difference between a successful person and an unsuccessful person is the one who says "it's Monday I don't feel like working out but it's monday- which means I lift today- so they go"- verses "it's monday I don't feel like working out so I won't"

it happens- you go in give 100% and do the thing- even if you aren't "having fun" or feeling amazing.

:) that's how successful people get successful.

Good advice!

In fact, I think we could pretty much apply that to our working careers as well. Plenty of "meh" days on the job, but the age old adage of "I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go...." applies. ;-)