Hi I am NEW!!

Options
Hi everyone,

I am new to this website. I want to lose weight, get in shape, I am having a hard time staying motivated so I would love a diet buddy? I am at 230 and want to get to 160, slowly but steady. I am a mom in my mid 40's, unemployed, a grandma, craving a life change!! :o)

Replies

• flutechick65
    flutechick65 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome to myfitnesspal! I'm a mom in my mid 40's with grown up children and am in yet another life change whether I want it or not. Recently had a big weight gain, mostly perimenopausal I think. But no excuses. "If it's got to be, then it is up to me". What kind of changes are you feeling you are wanting?
  • flutechick65
    flutechick65 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome to myfitnesspal! I'm a mom in my mid 40's with grown up children and am in yet another life change whether I want it or not. Recently had a big weight gain, mostly perimenopausal I think. But no excuses. "If it's got to be, then it is up to me". What kind of changes are you feeling you are wanting?
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for 3 months, starting my 4th. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • sburt1
    sburt1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi am I new as well! I have actually been using the site for a about a month now but haven't ever used this part of it...so I thought I would give it a try. I have lost about 20 pounds in the last year buy counting my calories and I started running. I have done two 5ks and have two more races coming up!! I was doing really good with everything until about 3 months ago!! I have been really struggling on getting back on track. So I am hoping by using this I can find some good support and get these last 15 pounds off by December!!
  • Chipperoo23
    Options
    I'll be more than happy to diet with you! I'm in my mid twenties, just had my first baby and looking to lose my baby weight. I have to lose about 60lbs. See ya around MFP!
  • terry48
    Options
    Hi, I started using fitness pal a little over a month ago and love it. I lost that stubborn last 10 pounds. I also love to spin at LA fitness. Does anyone else enjoy spin class.?:smile: For those of you who haven't tried it, it's a great way to lose weight. It's also a lot of fun.:smile: