My first timed 5k!

Options
2»

Replies

• themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I run my first timed 5K next month, and my goal is to run the whole way. I have a feeling my time will be a lot longer than 35 minutes though - probably more like 55! But as long as I finish, I will be glad :)
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congrats on meeting both your goals :) Started looking for your next 5K yet? :)
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    When is your next one?
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Nice job! That is an EXCELLENT first 5k time. You should be very proud!!!
  • iavue
    iavue Posts: 63
    Options
    great job! last year I started my 5k journey and did really good but have only done one this year. I would like to start again, I slowly starting to pick up running again. Took me 30mins to do 2.5 miles yesterday, where it use to take 30mins to do 3 miles.
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    Awesome job! :)

I'm considering doing my first 5k charity run in December. Never done anything quite like it before but I really like the idea. Plus it's a cause I love so why not get out there and do it? Today I walked 3.7 miles and I think with a bit more training I could've jogged that.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! My first I ran in 32:30, and I trained pretty hard for it, so I think that's a pretty darn good accomplishment woman! And to think where you were and where you've come to...awesome!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I just finished the Dallas Komen Race for the Cure. It was my first timed 5k.

First of all, I am NOT a fast runner. I set 2 personal goals for myself: 1.) to JOG the whole thing, non-stop, without any walking intervals and 2.) to finish in less than 35 minutes (a nice, slightly less than 12 minute mile pace).

And I did it!! I made BOTH of my goals ;-) I jogged non-stop... I stepped up it up when I could and kept a steady pace throughout. I finished just barely under 35 minutes (the official race times aren't out yet).

Let me also say that 113 lbs ago, this never would have been possible! I couldn't even freakin' WALK a mile in under 20 minutes, so a 12 minute mile pace is pretty good for someone like me. And, 113 lbs ago, I was wearing a XXL --which I stretched out because it was too tight-- and today I wore a medium that fit quite nicely :-)

I'm happy with my time, excited about making both my goals, and proud of myself for making good on a promise I made to myself!

WTG!!! You know now you are addicted don't you :laugh:

You have every right to be proud of yourself too!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!