Holiday eating tips

Options
I am off on Holiday to Tunisia (yippe) in about two weeks and I am determined not to sabotage my hard work. Does anyone have any tips on how they survive the dreaded holiday weight gain.

I am bring my gym kit along so I intent to work out ... i hope lol

Replies

• Xingy01
    Xingy01 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Eat maintenance so that you can enjoy it and don't feel deprived while also not sabotaging yourself and creating more work. That's what I do :)
  • SarahNicoleW94
    Options
    Im going to Tunisia in June and feel the same! Just gonna try and eat fruits, salads and fish!
    The alcohol will be my downfall!
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I never count cals when I am on holiday. Maybe that is why I never quite reach my goal weight, lol. Holidays are about switching off and destressing for me - so if I spend that whole time stressing about calories, I figure I might as well save my money & stay at home.

I have started doing a lot more walking and hiking this year though, so my plan on holiday will be to pack my trainers and go for a few good walks while I am away. I wouldn't usually even pack trainers, so might even visit the hotel gym or have a swim.

I would rather increase activity, than have to restrict food when traveling abroad. I love cooking & for me, experiencing food from other countries is a big part of my holiday.
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Changingmyfatitude Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Im going to Tunisia in June and feel the same! Just gonna try and eat fruits, salads and fish!
    The alcohol will be my downfall!

HAHAHA yes alcohol generally is my downfall, I think I can manage clean eating to some degree but portion control especially abroad is crazy
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Changingmyfatitude Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I never count cals when I am on holiday. Maybe that is why I never quite reach my goal weight, lol. Holidays are about switching off and destressing for me - so if I spend that whole time stressing about calories, I figure I might as well save my money & stay at home.

I have started doing a lot more walking and hiking this year though, so my plan on holiday will be to pack my trainers and go for a few good walks while I am away. I wouldn't usually even pack trainers, so might even visit the hotel gym or have a swim.

I would rather increase activity, than have to restrict food when traveling abroad. I love cooking & for me, experiencing food from other countries is a big part of my holiday.

I think you have the right idea, as long as I manage a workout even if it 30 mins a day I may be able to save myself. Holidays have really ruined my work in the past.