What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Mikee469
    Mikee469 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Do they have a BMI calculator based on body types? It is impossible for me to reach a “normal” BMI of 25.0 without having 5%, or less, body fat.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Mikee469 wrote: »
    Do they have a BMI calculator based on body types? It is impossible for me to reach a “normal” BMI of 25.0 without having 5%, or less, body fat.

Not that I'm aware of. But there are some charts out there that will guesstimate your frame size, and tell you where you should be on the BMI chart from there. My husband has a similar problem. He has a big bone structure, and even at his fittest he's ever been BMI told him he was over weight. It's not a very reliable measure of health IMO.
  • MyRoadto195
    MyRoadto195 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mikee469 wrote: »

Not that I'm aware of. But there are some charts out there that will guesstimate your frame size, and tell you where you should be on the BMI chart from there. My husband has a similar problem. He has a big bone structure, and even at his fittest he's ever been BMI told him he was over weight. It's not a very reliable measure of health IMO.

Try the Military Body Fat Calculator for Calculating Your Body Fat Percentage, this what the US Army and Marines use.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!