What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    My size 24 jeans that used to be quite snug don't even need to be unbuttoned or unzipped anymore to pull them up and down. I was standing at work in them they were only touching my hips and as I walked around they slipped lower and lower. They are so loose they feel a little like wearing sweatpants heh heh! I am doing it..I really am losing weight!

Love your profile picture!
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    @ExistingFish If you figure out how to add belt loops please post it - I would love to know. I have 2 denim skirts that are sliding all over the place, that I would like to keep wearing.
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    @ExistingFish If you figure out how to add belt loops please post it - I would love to know. I have 2 denim skirts that are sliding all over the place, that I would like to keep wearing.

The idea seems pretty simple, I just googled it and I'm watching a video. I'm what I'd call an "Advanced beginner" on the sewing machine though, I've been doing it all my life.
    The tough part is finding the material to use. Sometimes, you can "steal" enough from a seam allowance (especially if you've taken the garment in) or a hem, or even the inside of an existing waistband. Or you can use grosgrain ribbon if you can find it in a suitable color. For something like a lightweight skirt, I've sometimes plied six-strand embroidery floss into a thicker cord and used that, since it comes in every color imaginable.

I don't own a sewing machine, but I have enough embroidery thread to fill a suitcase. So I guess I just need a really strong needle and a thimble to get through the denim. - I'll try that - It can't hurt anything
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options

The idea seems pretty simple, I just googled it and I'm watching a video. I'm what I'd call an "Advanced beginner" on the sewing machine though, I've been doing it all my life.
    The tough part is finding the material to use. Sometimes, you can "steal" enough from a seam allowance (especially if you've taken the garment in) or a hem, or even the inside of an existing waistband. Or you can use grosgrain ribbon if you can find it in a suitable color. For something like a lightweight skirt, I've sometimes plied six-strand embroidery floss into a thicker cord and used that, since it comes in every color imaginable.

I don't own a sewing machine, but I have enough embroidery thread to fill a suitcase. So I guess I just need a really strong needle and a thimble to get through the denim. - I'll try that - It can't hurt anything
    I missed that these skirts were denim (doh!). The embroidery floss loops probably won't be strong enough for a belt that will hold up denim (they're more for a rayon challis type of fabric). For denim, I'd use twill tape (it's in the notions section of the fabric store, with all the bias tape & so forth). It only comes in a few colors, but dark blue or black should work with most shades of denim.

A sewing machine can be close to useless on more than a couple layers of denim anyway. A strong needle, like you said, and a good solid thimble (I use a leather thimble with a little metal "coin" set into it). Good luck! :)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!