What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I began strength training almost a month ago, knowing full well that the numbers on the scale wouldn't move for a while. I expected it, thought I was thoroughly prepared for it. Turns out it was still a huge discouraging mind **** for me. But instead of giving up and going back to my light cardio routine that I saw steady weight loss with (or eating my emotions like I would have before), I stuck with it until those numbers moved in the direction I wanted.

I know it's kinda a scale victory too, but my accomplishment is simply not giving up.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Finally (finally!) at the weight it says on my license. I've been lying about it since....forever. Technically a scale victory but now I don't feel like I need to whisper or get the disappointing side glare from the DMV employee. lol
    Easing back into my next round of training after my last half marathon a week and a half ago, and had an amazing mile time which I normally can't get on a treadmill.
    Increased my road race totals from 2 last year to 6 this year.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    My latest NSV was going into a thrift store and seeing a 1980s vintage Liz Claiborne preppy shirtdress in size 10 and thinking it was adorable and I would find a way to wear it, even if it was snug & needed a sweater or cardigan over it. Put it on and it was perfect, maybe a bit big actually...wore it today and got AT LEAST 20 compliments from all types of people (mostly strangers). It's just surreal to me that I can wear anything like that and "pull it off" when 7 years ago I was stuffed into size 24 jeans. So awesome! Yay!

Congrats! :)
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I began strength training almost a month ago, knowing full well that the numbers on the scale wouldn't move for a while. I expected it, thought I was thoroughly prepared for it. Turns out it was still a huge discouraging mind **** for me. But instead of giving up and going back to my light cardio routine that I saw steady weight loss with (or eating my emotions like I would have before), I stuck with it until those numbers moved in the direction I wanted.

I know it's kinda a scale victory too, but my accomplishment is simply not giving up.

Love this! I've started strength training recently and am going through the scale not moving phase. It's absolutely discouraging, so this is definitely what I needed to hear! Thank you for sharing!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My husband and I usually go to the pool together before work a few times a week. We were meant to go on Wednesday but my husband wasn't feeling it, so we delayed it to today. I was all ready to go this morning and he was slow getting up and ready. So I went on my own and told him to make his own way to the train this morning. I almost didn't go, then I told myself I don't need to let his lack of Friday morning motivation derail me for the day. And I had a great swim :-) So glad I went.
  • aenglert_04
    aenglert_04 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    My husband and I usually go to the pool together before work a few times a week. We were meant to go on Wednesday but my husband wasn't feeling it, so we delayed it to today. I was all ready to go this morning and he was slow getting up and ready. So I went on my own and told him to make his own way to the train this morning. I almost didn't go, then I told myself I don't need to let his lack of Friday morning motivation derail me for the day. And I had a great swim :-) So glad I went.

Great job! One of my biggest struggles is that the gym membership is in my name, and the boyfriend occasionally comes with add my guest. It sucks the motivation out of me when he says he wants to go to the gym, but backs out. For some reason, I get it in my head that I shouldn't go either. Good to know it's not just me that gets bummed when their workout partner bails!

My NSV today: I hit my monthly gym attendance goal... Which means my monthly membership cost will be reimbursed by my health insurance!! Which is doubly awesome because I need some new shorts for summer (ones that actually fit!!)
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Great job! One of my biggest struggles is that the gym membership is in my name, and the boyfriend occasionally comes with add my guest. It sucks the motivation out of me when he says he wants to go to the gym, but backs out. For some reason, I get it in my head that I shouldn't go either. Good to know it's not just me that gets bummed when their workout partner bails!

My NSV today: I hit my monthly gym attendance goal... Which means my monthly membership cost will be reimbursed by my health insurance!! Which is doubly awesome because I need some new shorts for summer (ones that actually fit!!)

That is awesome!! Great job! I definitely agree with feeling as if I don't need to work out when my boyfriend doesn't. I need to start setting an attendance goal for myself, it would definitely help in those situations.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    AngeBee18 wrote: »

I would love to have insurance that pays for my gym membership
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Down to L gym shorts. No more damn x's
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    It's now official - I am a gym rat.
    After cleaning out my closet I now have more clothes to wear to the gym than all my others put together.
    I like this!
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Forgot to put my Fitbit on after my shower this morning, but I still recorded and topped 12k steps for the day once I put it back on this evening.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Two: 1)oficially no longer obese. 2) back into UK 14 jeans :smiley:
  • neogramps
    neogramps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    After a few months work, I can now do a tuck straddle planche - http://gfycat.com/NeglectedRelievedEider
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting since past one month now. I was getting so frustrated that the scale was not moving. But since last week I was feeling that my clothes were looser so I measured and what do ya know! I have lost one inch off my hips,waist and stomach. A little around my arms and neck too i guess cuz my sleeves are hanging loose and my neck seems longer! A lot of people in the family also commented on my weight loss. Eff off you damn scale. :smiley:
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options

Love this! I've started strength training recently and am going through the scale not moving phase. It's absolutely discouraging, so this is definitely what I needed to hear! Thank you for sharing!

Wow ! So happy I am not the only one going through with this!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just got asked to start teaching Aqua Zumba two times a week starting next week!
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I lost .75 of an inch from my legs. I forgot that I had taken measurements. I felt like my jeans were a bit less snug, but it was nice to see concrete evidence of that fact.
  • tamsin_brown
    tamsin_brown Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My smallest trousers fit! And they are loose!
  • tamsin_brown
    tamsin_brown Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    NSV, a customer of mine came into my new office and said "I am looking for Scott" I said I am and he said holy cow you lost weight. I didn't even recognize you.

This made me smile- love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!