Options

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Just_Maddy wrote: »
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Just_Maddy wrote: »
    I've been invited to a wedding and for the first time EVER I've enjoyed dress shopping!

I remember I used to be pretty nasty to myself inside those fitting rooms and utterly hating everything, leaving super depressed and ALWAYS with a black dress and guess what? It didn't matter if I was a size 4 or a size 24.

Well Yesterday I walked in there super relaxed knowing my hard work was paying off and whatever I have it's because of me being consistent and doing things at my own pace If I didn't find a dress this time it was okay and I shouldn't be nasty to myself and that I should understand I came from a pretty big size, I knew I was making awesome progress and if it turned out I wasn't there yet then I shouldn't be discouraged and completely give up just because this time they didn't have a dress for me and since I've been putting a lot of effort without killing myself I knew next time I went there I would find something.

So as always went for the safety black dresses but as I was heading to the fitting room I saw this stunning royal blue dress with jewels I stood there thinking how beautiful it was then my first thought was: That dress is too pretty I bet they only have a 2, 4, 7 and 9 :neutral: I made those negative thoughts be quiet inside my head and I headed over there and they had it in 15! I just couldn't believe such beautiful dress would be available in a 15.

The lady helping me out was extremely nice, in a super good mood and beyond helpful! I swear the second I walked out and I looked at myself in the mirror I felt just like a princess! The lady and I agreed that was it! So for the very first time in my entire life I'm not wearing a black dress to a wedding.

Next to my fitting room there was a 30 something year old lady who was a size 4 and I overheard her saying she loved the dress but she HATED her arms. So here I am a size 15 and the old me would've felt extremely selfconcious but I made myself stop again before I thought anything sad and as I lifted my arms I noticed all that weightlifting is paying off in my arms, there's no way they look ANYWHERE near to what they looked like when I started.

I haven't been looking at the scale at all but I can tell in my clothes and how much energy I have lately

Sorry for this massive post but I hope it helps someone out there. Posts on this section had made my days much happier, so I wanna pay it forward.

I've stopped saying things like "I'm nowhere near my goal" or things that make it sound I apologize for my current size when I say things like that it feels I don't give credit to myself for the hard work I put in every single time, I've made the choice to ENJOY every single step and stage of this journey, I know as I keep going I will see changes and I will enjoy those too.

Wonderful, wonderful post!

Awww thank YOU! I just wanna help out :) I remember you and I wanna say I love your posts too :) Lol sorry I don't wanna sound creepy like

Not creepy! We are all in this together!!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I'm so so excited about this one. Are you ready....
    My blood pressure is finally normal again!!!!
    Also another big one for me because in the past vacations derail me....
    I went away for a week with unhealthy eaters and I ate what I always do and didn't feel deprived and loved exercising daily!

Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!