Mommy working on ME

Options
I am new to the site, I have tried several things to lose weight in the past but the best thing for me is MOTIVATION! I have two daughters that are very little so they require a lot of my time. My husband works ALOT so I dont have much help at home!

I started this journey at 220 lbs and I am a size 18, but my goal is to be about 145-155 and wear a size 8 by my 27th birthday this summer. I have a cousin getting married in December and I am hoping to be a size 12 by then.

But I am determined to lose the weight!! I have never been this big in my life, except when 9 months pregnant with my last daughter, and I just haven't been able to lose any of the weigth from this pregnancy!! I have always struggled with my weight but the day I hit 200 lbs I thought my life was over, I need to lose weight to get back to that "happy" me that loves to go out and buy clothes and hit the town with my hubby!

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and Welcome to MFP!! Journaling, or Tracking your Food, will help immensely. The Friendship and support will help you along your Journey toward~~Not just a Size 12~~But towards a Healthy Future.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    I had a harder time losing the weight after my second (and third). The first was relatively easy for some reason. I think your goal is totally attainable. Stick with this site, it really works! I know what you mean about buying clothes and going out with your husband. I just feel better (emotionally and physically) when I am at my goal weight. Clothes shopping is a lot more fun :wink: Good that you are putting the focus back on you, as mom's we have a tendency to get lost in our kids, especially when they are young. Getting back to who we were before the kids takes time, and sometimes isn't always possible (having kids changed the way I view the world in general). So you can do it!!! Read all of the success stories here, and you will be more than motivated.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Good for you for working on YOU!

Good luck and we're there for you:)
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think you will love it here! There are a lot of wonderful supportive people here!