The Walking Dead

Options
13»

Replies

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Fun fact: I had never seen an episode until I watched the first episode on Netflix back in March.....I ended up watching every episode of the Walking Dead in March.....each and every one, all four seasons.

There were lots of late nights!!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Oh daryl.... Hasnt washed his balls in 2 years.. women still think hes hot.......

I don't! I'm so not into any of the guys on the show. (Yes, I like guys.)

And Carl is such a whiny brat!! I want to smack him.

Agreed best episode was when Tyrese and Carol went back to the house. I don't read the comics so I did NOT see that coming!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I love this show but have to agree that it is starting to drive me nuts . I feel like it is going downhill. I hope it picks up next season
  • Swaggs51
    Swaggs51 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Fun fact: I had never seen an episode until I watched the first episode on Netflix back in March.....I ended up watching every episode of the Walking Dead in March.....each and every one, all four seasons.

There were lots of late nights!!

I did the same thing 4 season in like 8 days... was awesome
  • _cdngirl71_
    _cdngirl71_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Love the Walking Dead!! Can't wait for season 5!!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Big WD fan.

We have group here. It's more active when the season starts.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/191-walking-dead-fans
  • lumpy56lump
    lumpy56lump Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Huge fan!
  • Bri_Undead90
    Options
    Its one of my fave TV shows. :) Plus, I just love zombies in general. :-P
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Dumbest show ever.
  • drctbone88
    drctbone88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Seen every episode,love the show
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Oh daryl.... Hasnt washed his balls in 2 years.. women still think hes hot

and here's your stupid F*cking rope.... :) TBS!
    Sooo you've been thinking about Daryl's balls then...
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Dumbest show ever.

No
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I watch the show and there are moments of it that I really enjoy and there have been a few seasons that have been consistently good, seasons 1 and 3 come to mind. But last season, especially the second half, was very disappointing. There were only 2 good episodes where anything actually happens besides walking around and one of those was the season finale. If I wanted to watch hours and hours of just walking around, I'd watch the hobbit movies.

Areas the show excels at:

Previews of the next episode: They make it look awesome and as though a lot goes on but then you watch the episode a week later and ...

Season finales: Despite the 80% disappointment suffered through the season, those jerks make me want to check out the next season. They know how to sell a product even though I KNOW the product is mostly going to be a let down.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm hooked. Every so often I think it sucks and tell myself to stop watching, but alas I watch anyway. I'm looking forward to the next season. In the meantime, watch Orphan Black... it's keeping me sane until WD comes back.
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I watch the show and there are moments of it that I really enjoy and there have been a few seasons that have been consistently good, seasons 1 and 3 come to mind. But last season, especially the second half, was very disappointing. There were only 2 good episodes where anything actually happens besides walking around and one of those was the season finale. If I wanted to watch hours and hours of just walking around, I'd watch the hobbit movies.

I am a big fan and I agree the show has pacing problems. However, it isn't 24, I don't think the writers ever claimed its an action thriller they would say it's about characters and examining humanity when society is stripped away, etc etc. But its also not a soap opera -- fans don't want to tune in for an hour of dialog about dilemmas and crap. So they do need to present character development while keeping the show moving better or people will get bored. Endless episodes at the stupid farm and then again at the prison got old quick. I think it does work better when they are on the move and in more constant danger.