Exercising with pets

Options
Tell us Your stories about exercising with Your pets

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Its hard for me to do anything on the floor in my living room. The dogs (2) think when anyone gets down on their level, its play time. Planking is almost impossible when one is sniffing my hair & another licking my ear.
  • justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    hahah My dogs do the same thing, it gets dangerous for all of us if I try doing a video at home. :laugh:
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I have two Siberian Husky's and if you are familiar with the breed, they are working class and they are runners! They are bred for and known to go thousands of miles in one direction. Even my female who weighs in at about 60 pounds or so is able to pull up to a thousand pounds for around three miles.

They are also excellent trackers, hunters and are extremely well behaved on the leash in heel.

Anyway... I like to run with my female. The male is too big and fat and lazy to be able to go too far but the female is awesome. She keeps pace in heel right at my knee the entire time and she even keeps stride with me for as long as I go.

It's wonderful :)
  • Catfriend25
    Catfriend25 Posts: 95
    Options
    hahahahaha "the male is too big and fat and lazy"
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend it,

funny-gif-cat-tv-guy-exercises-crunches-situps.gif
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha "the male is too big and fat and lazy"

LOL! I didn't mean it how it sounded...
    Well, maybe I did :smile:

He is just a big dog and has been spoiled all his life so he's become very lazy! He can run for about a quarter of a mile or so and then he can't do it anymore... just wants to lay around and be cuddled!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I have an English Bulldog so I don't break a sweat taking him for a walk. He'd rather lay down on the grass and have a nap.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Its hard for me to do anything on the floor in my living room. The dogs (2) think when anyone gets down on their level, its play time. Planking is almost impossible when one is sniffing my hair & another licking my ear.

^ Hah, yes!!!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    My cats love to show me up while I struggle to do yoga moves...........or run under my weights while I'm doing the chest flies!:bigsmile: Hard to workout when you are giggling!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Ummm, my pugs like to "help" with my foam rolling by standing on top of my butt while I do it.

And once I tried to take them for a walk around the neighborhood. About half a mile from home they laid down and wouldn't get up, so I carried them home. I guess they were "helping" me build strength or something.
  • Nette117
    Nette117 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend it,

hahahahaha!!!!!
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I have a standard poodle. She goes running, hiking, and kayaking with me, but she's not trained to run beside the bike yet.
  • melissajane83
    melissajane83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have two dogs. I have to lock my Boston up when I exercise because he freaks out and starts barking and jumping on me. He is very high strung. When I had a tread mill, he would run on it with me. Love him to pieces but he is a bit nuts lol.
    My Chihuahua is very laid back and could care less what I do.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I walk everyday with my terrier (half cairn/half schnauzer). I was going to try to brave the winter cold up here in the frozen north and walk the winter with her. We have wonderful walking trails here and they keep them plowed. She isn't the best walker. She is all over the place, back and forth, in front and back. She doesn't know the word "heel". Anyway, last November (and we already had snow and some ice) we were walking and she dashed in front of me, got between my feet and I stepped on her, started to fall, and was flailing all over trying to prevent myself from falling. WELL ... I did manage NOT to fall, but ended up giving myself WHIPLASH in the process. (Probably should have just taken the dive and fallen !! ) Ended up going to the doctor about a week or so later, and then to rehab for 8 weeks for neck therapy. Needless to say, that was the end of my outside walking until just a couple weeks ago when the snow/ice finally went away. Walked the rest of the winter, by myself, at the school.
  • aribugg
    aribugg Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to train my dog how to run along side with me... thus far, my only injuries are popped knee (many, many times) and a big blueish purple bruise on my leg.

its amazing, really. i used to work with an animal shelter and i had two main jobs.one, general care (potty breaks, food, water, etc.) and two, keeping everyone in line and well behaved.
    and the only dog i've ever come across in the history of my life that i cant through to is my own? whhyyy? X_X
  • fittoday14
    fittoday14 Posts: 128
    Options
    I don't recommend it,

that is one fat cat!
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    This morning I saw a woman cycling very slowly with a tiny little dog on a lead running along beside her. It seemed a ridiculous thing to be doing on London roads during peak hour.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I would like to go for a jog with my rescued terrier mix, but he's too stupid to know that if he darts in front of me that I WILL run him over.
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Ride the horse, dog runs at the side, 2 birds 1 stone!!!!!

Or should that be 3 birds 1 stone (me, horse and dog), very efficient!!