Having a hard time sleeping lately

Options
The past week I have been having a hard time sleeping. I am on b12, multi-vit., Vit d3, Vit c, also onn Natura cleanse at bed time and maximum burn xtreme. I have burned 4600 calories this week and stay under my calorie count daily. I'm wondering if my metabolism is kicked in to overdrive and I'm not sleeping.
Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• Maggie1960
    Options
    Are you winding down at the end of the day? A hot bath and a warm drink, clean sheets on the bed, and some classical music playing softly works for me/
  • edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    do you take melatonin? its very helpful...also what really helps is go to neuroscience.com and search for sleep and there are great natural sleep stuff. I take kavinace! Good luck.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    The past week I have been having a hard time sleeping. I am on b12, multi-vit., Vit d3, Vit c, also onn Natura cleanse at bed time and maximum burn xtreme. I have burned 4600 calories this week and stay under my calorie count daily. I'm wondering if my metabolism is kicked in to overdrive and I'm not sleeping.
    Thanks for any advice.

My doctor recommended that vitamins be taken at breakfast or lunch, with food. The only vitamin that could be taken at night is calcium because it seems to have calming effects.
    We should also exercise 3 to 4 hours prior to going to bed at night, walking is an exception to this rule for me. I know that if I exercise too close to bed time, I will not be able to sleep well.
    Try an herbal tea before going to sleep, Sleepy Time by Celestial is a good choice, and take your high power vitamins at lunch or breakfast and see if you notice a difference. You may also try to read a book ( a boring one) before retiring for the night.
    Pleasant dreams:yawn:
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    So, you're wanting to lose weight rapidly (which is totally unhealthy, esp. for your internal organs), and burning an extreme amount of calories and not fueling your body properly in addition to taking an acai supplement? And you wonder why you can't sleep well? Have you looked at the ingredients of the acai supplement, I'll betcha there's a lot of stimulants in it. No, I gurantee you there is.
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I think your body is telling you something.....Maybe you should schedule a day off from working out each week. 7 days/week is a lot for the amount of exercise you are doing. And any supplement with a stimulant will affect your sleep. I've cut out all caffeine after noon to help me to relax and sleep better....
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I am losing my weight slowly I have lost 43 since February I don't think that is a fast amount. I started the acai supplement only a week ago to help me thru a plateau. I should have put 2+2 together and realized it was the cause. It must have a long half life in the body I take it first thing in the morning. Along with the rest of my vitamins. I will do some more research on the half life and speak with my doctor to see what he says.
  • CroakerNorge
    Options
    Sounds like a smart plan. I bet you could skip the acai altogether. Seems like you're burning enough calories/keeping your metabolism going (though, I suggest more "fuel" to round out your workouts).

Also, google the article "Why The Scale Lies" for some more insight.
    A true plateau is experienced after a long stall on the scale, approx. 6 weeks of no change.

Good luck!
  • CroakerNorge
    Options
    Also, apologies for assuming you were wanting to lose weight quickly.
    I thought that because you're doing a cleanse AND taking acai and working out like a mad woman and undercutting your daily calories.
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It's no worries I had been 4 weeks with no weight loss so it was close but I thinking I'm back on tract. I will give it some thought to stopping the acai and cleanse. Thanks for the help all .
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    I have been having a hard time sleeping too. As of right now, I haven't slept in over 24 hours. I TRIED to sleep, but couldn't. I did some light workout yesterday (20 min on elliptical and swam laps until I cut myself and bled haha), and ate a little too much... recently I have been overeating every day. Does that make it harder to sleep too? I don't know why I keep overestimating how much I can eat, and then get a stomach ache. I have a stomach ache right now from breakfast actually!

I eat my vitamins in the morning, and they are just a general multivitamin, and an omega-3 vitamin. No extra supplements :/
  • CroakerNorge
    Options
    Thanks for understanding.

The human body is incredibly efficient at cleansing itself. All it requires is proper nutrition,
    plenty of hydration, and adequate sleep. You clearly have the exercise down pat, that's all your
    metabolism needs.

Maybe instead of cleanses & quick burns, you could revamp your menu with a focus on whole, lean,
    fresh foods. Cleaner eating if you will. That may just be the kick start you need.