What to Eat When Not Hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• Cocotrendy
    Cocotrendy Posts: 20 Member
    Options

That is what I was kinda of worried about. I have gotten that response about eating so few calories will cause my body to think it's being starved and then the weight might not come off. I don't think it happens frequently, maybe twice a week, so that's good to know.

That response you've gotten? It isn't really true. Excessive under eating can cause metabolic damage eventually, but If you're talking being under a couple of times a week, you won't go into the mythological "starvation mode".

Cool, that makes me feel better about not eating when I am not hungry.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I ate mostly junk and fast food type stuff before, stuff that I thought was harmless. Yea right! I am really trying to stay away from that especially due to sodium content in some of the foods I ate. I don't even want to taste some of that stuff again because I know I will go spiraling completely out of control.

Well, it is harmless in moderation. Instead of the whole bag of Flaming Cheetos, do an ounce. Boom. Calories filled. Tummy happy.

Yes, but moderation is a word that doesn't always exist in my vocabulary. :laugh:

It didn't in mine either, but it was affecting my goals so I made a change ;)
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some suggestions concerning leftover calories. I am on a 1400 calorie regimen and I am now finding that I am leaving at least 300 calories on the tabl and at dinner, I am just not that hungry. I have tried to increase my calories for lunch and snack but still sometimes find that I have 300 or so calories left. I don't want my body to think that I am starving it. Any suggestions??!!!
    The easiest way is with liquids:
    1) If you are drinking skim milk, switch to 2%. If 2%, consider whole.
    2) Drinking any juice at all? If not, add some OJ, apple juice, whatever you like to your diet..more vitamins, more calories, not too "filling"

If you're already doing those:
    3) Eat a string cheese snack.
    4) Eat a beef jerky snack.
    5) Fulfill a sugar craving with a snack size candy bar or a small bag of chips.
    6) Eat 2 pounds of brussel sprouts :wink: :laugh:

And I will second those saying not to worry about the occasional day with 200-300 calorie underages. If it's CONSISTENT, then, yes, I would work on upping your calories a bit.
  • Cocotrendy
    Options
    I ate mostly junk and fast food type stuff before, stuff that I thought was harmless. Yea right! I am really trying to stay away from that especially due to sodium content in some of the foods I ate. I don't even want to taste some of that stuff again because I know I will go spiraling completely out of control.

Well, it is harmless in moderation. Instead of the whole bag of Flaming Cheetos, do an ounce. Boom. Calories filled. Tummy happy.

Yes, but moderation is a word that doesn't always exist in my vocabulary. :laugh:

Right there with ya.

The olive oil suggestion a few posts up is a great one if you don't want to just add a food in at the end of the day. Coconut oil is good, too.

I will try that. We do lots of coconut oil for everything at my house. A little added to foods could be beneficial as well.
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I struggle with that too. I will normally go for 2 tablespoons of peant butter....Yep, straight from the jar. Or 2 glasses of wine...depending on my protein intake for the day. :)
  • Cocotrendy
    Options
    I am looking for some suggestions concerning leftover calories. I am on a 1400 calorie regimen and I am now finding that I am leaving at least 300 calories on the tabl and at dinner, I am just not that hungry. I have tried to increase my calories for lunch and snack but still sometimes find that I have 300 or so calories left. I don't want my body to think that I am starving it. Any suggestions??!!!
    The easiest way is with liquids:
    1) If you are drinking skim milk, switch to 2%. If 2%, consider whole.
    2) Drinking any juice at all? If not, add some OJ, apple juice, whatever you like to your diet..more vitamins, more calories, not too "filling"

If you're already doing those:
    3) Eat a string cheese snack.
    4) Eat a beef jerky snack.
    5) Fulfill a sugar craving with a snack size candy bar or a small bag of chips.
    6) Eat 2 pounds of brussel sprouts :wink: :laugh:

And I will second those saying not to worry about the occasional day with 200-300 calorie underages. If it's CONSISTENT, then, yes, I would work on upping your calories a bit.

Great suggestion with the juices and cheese. I hadn't tried that but I will add that to list.:smile:
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

This is the correct answer. It's an important part of weight loss/getting healthy to learn to control our portions. Until you learn moderation, maintenance/happiness/life is not going to be pretty. It's an ongoing lesson. Start now. When you reach goal, all those pesky issues with overeating will be managed.
  • pammiejean40
    pammiejean40 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I do a tablespoon or two of peanut butter when I"m running low on calories. Natural peanut butter is the best!