Best Lunch Ever - Only 259 Calories!

Options
I feel so full for hours after, and it tastes delicious! Just thought I'd share.

EDIT: Apparently the numbers are off from what I am reading in the replies. Regardless, this salad is delicious and keeps me full.

FEEL_FULL_SALAD.jpg
windows 7 print screen

Replies

• whyhelloheart
    whyhelloheart Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The only thing that worries me is the chicken. It just says chicken breast, not how many ounces of chicken! D: Unless you already weighed it out and plugged it into MFP and reuse that same one every time D:
  • JoshTheGiant
    JoshTheGiant Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The only thing that worries me is the chicken. It just says chicken breast, not how many ounces of chicken! D: Unless you already weighed it out and plugged it into MFP and reuse that same one every time D:

Eh if its a little more or a little less each time it shouldn't fluctuate too much. Just the protein and the calories would be a little off. Either way its plain grilled chicken so its healthy!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I would also question the chicken breast and think it's at least only half the actual calories of a chicken breast.

I also question the feta cheese. 200 gr for 56 calories?? There may be a no-fat version out there with that few calories but most feta cheeses (200 gr) is closer to 400-500 calories (depending upon brand).
  • colibri23
    colibri23 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Eh if its a little more or a little less each time it shouldn't fluctuate too much. Just the protein and the calories would be a little off. Either way its plain grilled chicken so its healthy!

I eat chicken a LOT and a breast usually weighs between 150-200 grams, no matter what brand it is...which is between 260-330 calories just for the chicken. Don't get me wrong---to me that makes your salad better! I'm all about trying to reach my protein goals. I just thought you should know that if you put a whole breast on your salad, the salad is not going to be below 300 calories.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Looks good! Isn't it great when you find something you really enjoy eating and it keeps you full?
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I would also question the chicken breast and think it's at least only half the actual calories of a chicken breast.

I also question the feta cheese. 200 gr for 56 calories?? There may be a no-fat version out there with that few calories but most feta cheeses (200 gr) is closer to 400-500 calories (depending upon brand).

fat free feta is 50 calories for 28 grams.

The chicken is low too. Unless it's very small chicken breast.

The salad itself sounds yummy though!
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I also wonder about the cheese and chicken... if I ever find a cheese that's only 56 calories for 200 grams I think I'd have to buy a lifetime supply
  • MyBodyIsMyTemple14
    Options
    Sounds delicious :) I love salads!!
  • JoshTheGiant
    Options
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Well to answer your questions, it's magic feta cheese.

Yeah the onions are off too. There's actually 11,478 calories in 1 gram. You're terrible at logging Josh. Why would you post this? If you show me an onion slice that is under 10,000 calories I will buy a whole fridge full. Please never share your food again. Thanks for wasting my time. Now leave MFP forever.

Sincerely,

Everyone.

Wow...

Accuracy is important.. that's all. The salad itself sounds great.

I do one that is leafy dark green vegetables (varies on type), cukes, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, mushrooms, a can of tuna and topped with pepper, sometimes feta, avocado and/or balsamic. comes in under 300 calories (sometimes under 200) and it's really big and filling and yummy :) Chicken would be good on it too, but defiantly not under 300 calories then.
  • Vigilance88
    Vigilance88 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Don't feel attacked, man. Nothing wrong with the salad. People have been logging for months or years and want to be sure what they put in their mouth. If you don't log cheese correctly you'll come back next month posting "why am i not losing".
  • JoshTheGiant
    Options
  • erelyl
    erelyl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think if you are posting a topic claiming "best lunch ever only 259 calories!" then perhaps what you put in that post should be somewhat accurate? Otherwise post it in the fun threads, not the food and nutrition. Getting snarky about magic feta is kind of pointless too,

Now just posting the ingredients, that it's tasty and keeps you full, sure, but claiming that salad with 200gr of feta and a whole chicken breast comes in at 259 cals doesn't help anyone.
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Looks like a tasty salad! Thank you for sharing.

What's with the comment about the onion - that's actually quite accurate. Also I often eat a 1/2 of a store bought boneless chicken breast (a whole one is huge) and it comes in 70-90 calories so seems fine to me. Only thing that looks off to me is the cheese but I don't like feta so wouldn't include it anyway.
  • JoshTheGiant
    Options
    Okay okay. I'm stressed about other stuff shouldn't have taken it out here. I apologize. Still getting the salad for lunch though :) Tried to update the salad more accurately on my log and it came out to around 500 cals.
  • colibri23
    colibri23 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Okay okay. I'm stressed about other stuff shouldn't have taken it out here. I apologize. Still getting the salad for lunch though :) Tried to update the salad more accurately on my log and it came out to around 500 cals.

Hey, no worries! I think most people were trying to be helpful, but everyone being "helpful" about the exact same two ingredients can feel overwhelming. It IS a tasty looking salad, and very healthy. :flowerforyou:
  • JoshTheGiant
    Options

Hey, no worries! I think most people were trying to be helpful, but everyone being "helpful" about the exact same two ingredients can feel overwhelming. It IS a tasty looking salad, and very healthy. :flowerforyou:

Exactly! Thank you for understanding. And I DO WANT TO CHANGE THE TITLE to get rid of the calorie claim but it won't let me edit it. Unless there's a different way. I have no idea to change it.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options

No worries.
    The salad is a great lunch. It's very close to the salads I put together. I've found that a container (the one I personally use, so this info will be different for everyone) of mixed vegetable salad I throw together is about 300 calories (this includes 2 Tbsp of dressing). If I add cheese or meat, it's about 500 cals and each of them is delicious and filling.

PS: MFP doesn't allow you to change the title of a thread. :ohwell:
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Since you are listing foods I regularly eat, 200 grams of feta cheese is about 550-600 kcals on its own, you are way off, sorry.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yes it looks delicious but I agree... your calorie count is wayyyy off. 28g of feta is 90 calories or something. One chicken breast (whatever that means) is rarely under 130 calories.