Motivation

moonport
moonport Posts: 97 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm 29 years old. I've always been overweight, even though I've always been a pretty active person. I eat healthier than most of my friends and yet outweigh most of them by 60 lbs. easy. I've tried to lose weight before and have had minor success. MFP and journaling has really been the key, but nothing seems to stick in the end.

Two years ago I hit my highest ever RECORDED weight of 234. I knew I had to do something, so I started really watching my calorie intake and exercising. I made it to 199 and then went off track. Next thing I knew a year had passed and I was up to 219. I went back to my calorie counting and exercising and made it down to 196. And again, I guess I just quit. Now, two years after my highest weight, I got back on the scale to see I've hit 228.2. I didn't realize had gotten that bad again.

So, three weeks ago I started again. I haven't missed a day of journaling and I haven't gone over my calorie budget. I work out extra hard on days I know I'll be going out to eat so I can build up a little bit of a reserve. I'm trying to make smart food choices so I can keep up this eating style. I'm down 15.6 lbs. to 212.6. I know I should be proud of that much weight loss, and I am, but I'm also running out of motivation. I'm worried that I'll get under 200 and quit again. There was no good reason to give up and go off track the other times, but it happened. It's really depressing. I was at the gym this morning and all I could think was, "What's the point? I've never been thin in my life and I'm just going to quit in the end anway."

Anyway, I can't be the only one that feels this way. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep up your motivation? I know it'll be worth it in the end, but the end seems so unreachable.

Replies

• mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    I had one of those days yesterday where I just felt like nothing mattered! But then I remembered that if you can lose a little by sticking to your plan and being healthy why can't we be skinny! And just remember how
    much better it feels to be fit and exercise!! :)
  • sburt1
    sburt1 Posts: 51 Member
    I know how you feel!!! I have lost 20 pounds in the last year but a few months ago I quit eating right. I have kept exercising which has helped me not gain back as much as I would have but I don't know how to get back on track. So reading some of these post has really helped me get back in the right mind track I have 20 more pounds to lose before Christmas and I am going to do it!!

The one thing that really helped me is I signed up for a 5K that was 5 months away and after I payed my money for it I was not going to not do it. So try finding something that is in the future to keep you motivated. Since that race I did one last week and already have one planned out for Nov. and December!!!

You can do this! Its hard but we all know that already!!!!
This discussion has been closed.