Giving it a try

Options
I found this website through a friend who has lost 60 lbs. She is an inspiration to me. Would be happy to lose 20 more pounds. Doesn't sound like much....but sure seems that way. Have tried other weight loss program, but just am no longer motivated to count points. Currently am dealing with some physical pain with low back and feet, so finding exercise I can do is a challenge. Have been tracking points for the last two weeks. I find I am motivated for about 2-3 weeks and then it becomes a chore. Any tips on overcoming this issue?

Replies

• trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

What keeps me motivated on here is having lots of friends, logging in every day, and keeping an open food diary (only for my friends to see). I love the "accountability" that it gives -- it really keeps me in line! Feel free to add me as a friend -- I'd love to help!

Trisha
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi! Like you, I also tend to stick with a diet and/or exercise plan for 2-3 weeks, sometimes more, but ultimately get disappointed and fall of the wagon, so to speak. I guess I am choosing to look at it like when I was quitting smoking. I failed at that probably more than a dozen times, and then finally I quit, and have been smoke free for 6 years now. =) I am hoping I can find the right mix of mental status, diet and exercise structure, and appropriate level of expectation. I just started on this site last week. So maybe this will be the one? I have tried other methods, and I think I have learned from each failure. Eventually, we will succeed. We just have too, right? =) Good luck to you! Keep in touch if you would like too!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the same foods over and over again. Try new items if you can. The biggest thing? Get a bunch of friends and open your diary to friends only and have at it. Add me on if you would like.