Bulging Lower Belly

albayin
albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
I am pretty lean around my waist and for most of time of the year, six packs are very visible. However, I do notice from time to time, my lower belly is bulging out. It's firm at touch, not flappy or jiggling...it makes me super self conscious and feel "fat" as scale number usually goes up with it as well

I know some food could trigger major bloating but I looked at that I ate for the past few weeks there was really nothing unusual...What could have caused this and how to deal with it?

:flowerforyou:

ps. and this has happened outside TOMS window too

Replies

• I am pretty lean around my waist and for most of time of the year, six packs are very visible. However, I do notice from time to time, my lower belly is bulging out. It's firm at touch, not flappy or jiggling...it makes me super self conscious and feel "fat" as scale number usually goes up with it as well

I know some food could trigger major bloating but I looked at that I ate for the past few weeks there was really nothing unusual...What could have caused this and how to deal with it?

I think one of the most interesting posts I ever saw on tumblr was of this really fit girl who had taken pictures of her stomach about 5 times throughout the day to show how our bodies change after we've spent a day consuming energy. At the end of the day she was quite bloated as well, but not because she had binged or anything, she had just been eating and sometimes it makes you bloated regardless of how mild the food is. I think what you're experiencing (if it isn't extreme) is probably normal, but if you're really concerned you might think to try an elimination diet/colon cleanse (from a naturopath) or something else that can help reduce bloating.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    From my own experience... Could just be what they call "food baby" in the Women Who a Bulk group, or maybe could be uterine fibroids. OP, I'd suggest you see your gynecologist, just in case.
  • albayin
    From my own experience... Could just be what they call "food baby" in the Women Who a Bulk group, or maybe could be uterine fibroids. OP, I'd suggest you see your gynecologist, just in case.

put on my annual checklist...Does this require to be seen when with symptom?
  • albayin
    I am pretty lean around my waist and for most of time of the year, six packs are very visible. However, I do notice from time to time, my lower belly is bulging out. It's firm at touch, not flappy or jiggling...it makes me super self conscious and feel "fat" as scale number usually goes up with it as well

I think one of the most interesting posts I ever saw on tumblr was of this really fit girl who had taken pictures of her stomach about 5 times throughout the day to show how our bodies change after we've spent a day consuming energy. At the end of the day she was quite bloated as well, but not because she had binged or anything, she had just been eating and sometimes it makes you bloated regardless of how mild the food is. I think what you're experiencing (if it isn't extreme) is probably normal, but if you're really concerned you might think to try an elimination diet/colon cleanse (from a naturopath) or something else that can help reduce bloating.

That's me....I definitely feel the same way as she does throughout the day...My pants/skirts fit loose in the morning but by the end of the day...they are tight and miserable...:(