Hey all, new user here.

Hi all, just introducing myself.

My name is James, and I used to be at the average weight for my age and height, until I met my girlfriend, now fiance, and I did the typical thing of becoming lazy. She's not overly worried about it, as she's a bit overweight herself, but I am. I definitely want to get back to my healthy weight, which is about 188, which puts my BMI in the good zone (currently 220lbs, two years after meeting her).

So, here I am. Between MFP, Zombies Run (I'm a horror geek), Fitocracy, and gamification, I hope to be there soon. Next few workouts will be using the Precor treadmill default weight loss setting to get started.

Thanks for reading, take it easy!

Replies

• AshleyArleneNP
    AshleyArleneNP Posts: 77 Member
    Hello. Welcome! I totally understand the getting comfortable thing. 2 years married and +50 lbs. Blah. Feel free to add me. I am active daily and try to be a good motivator :-) Good luck!
  • walk757
    walk757 Posts: 96 Member
    Are you doing MFP together? Hope so as it could be very rewarding. Let us know how you are doing, good luck!
  • JPaterson0
    JPaterson0 Posts: 3
    Hello. Welcome! I totally understand the getting comfortable thing. 2 years married and +50 lbs. Blah. Feel free to add me. I am active daily and try to be a good motivator :-) Good luck!

Will do! Always looking for new friends.
    Are you doing MFP together? Hope so as it could be very rewarding. Let us know how you are doing, good luck!

We are not. She works for the government on 12 hour rotating shifts, so she's tired often. We'll go to the gym together, and walk the dogs together, but that's about it for her. I'm trying to get her to start using it. :)