how many cals should i eat?

kentlass
kentlass Posts: 325 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
i am totally lost!!
mfp tells me that i need 1200...so i have been eating 1200 a day...but burning 1600 doing exercise....the weight loss has stopped so i'm guessing i'm doing something wrong...someone suggested i'm not eating enough so i have taken my calorie intake up to approx 1500 and taken my exercise down to about 1300(mixing up what exercises i'm doing)

so at 5'6ish, burning approx 1300cals a day...can someone tell me how much i should be eating to keep a steady weight loss???

am getting married in just under 3months and i have 30lbs that i just HAVE to lose :(

thankyou for any advice

Replies

• you also have extra calories you can eat from exercise. it tells you how many extra calories you can have through each days' exercise. try to mix it up. sometimes i lose without eating all my calories and then i'll stall and try to eat more of my alloted calories and then i'll start to lose again. i also mix up my exercise depending on if i'm loosing on the regular. so.....you just have to mix it up if it's not working! hope this helps.....not sure if i even made much sense :)
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    that makes sense and helps!

i've started mixing it up in the last few days, mixing up the treadmill, cross trainer, speeds etc and have started eating more(and varied amounts) of calories....but it worries me that i'm over or under eating, especially as when i eat some of my exercise cals the food calculator thing tells me i'll lose less than i would if i didn't eat them...if that makes sense!
This discussion has been closed.