HELP! SUDDEN DROP IN WEIGHT!

Options
I started this process at 119lbs. I increased my calorie intake to about 2700 and steadily increased to 124.8lbs. THEN I dropped to 123lbs, didn't think much of it but I then just kept fluctuating between 123 and 124lbs and didn't gain anymore weight.

I was 123lbs yesterday. I woke up today and I am 115lbs!!!!!

I am way more underweight than I was before?!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

Where did the weight go? I am feeling super disheartened and unmotivated now... It took so much for me to get to 124, it was so hard and now I am 115! I don't even know how to get back to that weight! Please, if you know any good meals, ANYTHING that can help me put this weight back on, and continue to progress towards my goal of 140lbs, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment below!

Replies

• waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the wide world of gaining weight. Its A LOT harder than the people just starting to try to lose weight would have you belive.

That big of a drop that quick is almost surely a carb/glycogen issue. Are you tracking a second measurement other than the scale, and if so, does that show the drop? Was yesterday a low carb day and/or did you do a lot of high intensity exercise.

Are the batteries in your scale wearing out (weighing super light is what happens when mine start to run out)?
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's pretty weird, I would first change your scales batteries and see if that makes a difference.

I have been bulking for 11 weeks and the past 3 weeks I have lost 0.3kg (0.7lb).

It's pretty disappointing, however I was really sick with the flu for around 15 days and now I have some stomach bug that I have had for a few days. Despite this I have still managed to force feed myself 3300-3500 calories a day in this time which is probably the only thing that saved me from losing more weight.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Could be uneven scale location also. But it's almost certainly a scale-based problem.
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Try to balance the scale to make sure it starts at 0. Sometimes my scale creeps into starting at 5 or in the other direction giving me an inaccurate number I always have to readjust it. Always use the same scale in case you didn't. Do that as well as change the batteries like the others have said.

Also, I used to have sudden drops (but not quite like what you've mentioned) when I would not eat well for a day or two and not drink enough water.

But first priority, check the scale. Then report back to us.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I vote more burritos ;-)

53631961697ab05887005192._w.540_s.fit_.jpg

I also think you should check and see if your scale is functioning properly.
  • parisallez
    parisallez Posts: 30
    Options
    I personally wouldn't fret about it. bodyweight is largely water and large water shifts can occur due to hydration levels, hormonal patterns, having your period, excessive caffeine, etc.
    I'm a man, and even during my bulk I can weigh 5 lbs more or less in one day to the next. just keep at the plan, it's a day to day grind of self discipline and kicking *kitten*. stick to the plan and add more calories if you're not making progress for 1-2 weeks.