Try Some Smoothies

Options
Costco sells these terrific frozen bags of fruit. (They have strawberry, blueberry, and a mixed fruit which includes things like melon. I like to buy these things and then split them up into services placed in zip log bags that I can refreeze. Then, a great smoothie is as simply as popping a small bags worth into the blender, throwing in some skim milk or water, mixing in a touch of Splenda, and if desired throwing in a little whey powder or a vegetable (Can't say I throw these things in much). The smoothie usually comes out thick enough that u can eat it with a spoon. This comes as a nice replacement for ice cream and tastes wonderfully rich. And because its so quick to do, it leaves less time available to think about worse things.

Replies

• themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Oh ya, there's nothing like a good smoothie for healthy satisfaction! I make one with chocolate soy milk, frozen banana, ice and cocoa that I really like.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    As with anything though you have to watch smoothies. I use to make one every morning and since switching I have lost the most weight. Comes down of course to portion size. Mine were huge and entering the calories they could easily run into 500 calories (i would add some peanut butter for protein) skim milk and yogurt and fruit and woosh...