How Much Water Do You Drink Daily?

Options
13»

Replies

• Snapshotgirl
    Snapshotgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm estimating a gallon a day, but I have a sedentary job. After I work out in the mornings, it's all rest and air conditioning.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Honestly... I know this is bad but I drink... Maybe one glass a day? Sometimes like right now I can't even remember the last time I had any water to drink. I mostly only drink coffee and diet soda. :/ Everyone always tells me how bad this is and I have tried to change but I always go back to my ways after I realize it doesn't make much of a difference.
    it makes a huge difference, you just dont notice it. then again coffee is basically caffeinated water, but i doubt your drinking 8 cups of coffee a day

I guess I meant to say after I notice no difference; I know I should be drinking water instead of diet soda. That is why I always am trying to change it. But I so far it hasn't stuck.

You're probably decently hydrated with your coffee and diet soda. If you don't want/like water, don't drink it.

OT: I drink 3-4L a day. Depends on how thirsty/bored I am.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I told my husband my pee is so clear I'm pretty sure it's still potable.

Overhydration is better than dehydration. I am for straw-colored. :)
    I know I should be drinking water instead of diet soda. That is why I always am trying to change it. But I so far it hasn't stuck.

From a hydration perspective, diet soda and coffee are quite good, but you can check your urine-color:

http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2013/10/what-the-color-of-your-urine-says-about-you-infographic/
    http://www.hydrationcheck.com/pocket_chart.php

There are some other negatives of diet soda.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Honestly... I know this is bad but I drink... Maybe one glass a day? Sometimes like right now I can't even remember the last time I had any water to drink. I mostly only drink coffee and diet soda. :/ Everyone always tells me how bad this is and I have tried to change but I always go back to my ways after I realize it doesn't make much of a difference.

You might want to try something like Mio and gradually wean downward. Water is free and has a very short ingredient list.

Not to be a "ah chemicals evil" person but I do worry about people who drink high quantities of stuff like diet soda (which is actually more acidic then regular soda and bad for your teeth enamel). Every once in a while fine (same way I occasionally splurge on a Mexican coke), but all day every day?

/I realize I'm lucky to work in a hospital where all our drinking water goes through a massive filtration process within the building.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I can drink as much as 10 cups in a day, mostly on days I get my workouts in.

I have to go for a CT scan and they said they would need to do blood work first to make sure my kidney and liver functions are OK so they can insert the dye they need to before the scan. I felt like telling them to TRUST me that there was nothing wrong with my kidneys. I'm drinking 8 cups of water a day or more, so there is no issue there! :laugh: :tongue:
  • patsypooter
    patsypooter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    100-140oz.
  • raeesa07
    raeesa07 Posts: 54
    Options
    I drink whenever I am thirsty. Sometimes that's 4 cups a day, sometimes that's 4 cups in an hour.

> I think that we humans don't give ourselves enough credit for knowing when and how much to drink.

Bingo.

Feeling thirsty is actually a sign of dehydration though haha
  • CorazieLovesTea
    Options
    I drink between 3 and 4 litres of water daily, and then quite a bit of tea on top of that.

I've always had to drink more than usual, I've metabolised water fast since I hit puberty and anything less than 2.5l a day can make me faint.