Weight Loss Rewards?

Options
Hi guys!

I'm putting together a goal table and am just looking for some inspiration. I want to set up a 5 pound reward system for myself (do something nice for me for every 5 pounds I lose) but I'm not sure what is appropriate since I a) don't want to use food and b) have never done this before.

my budget for each item/reward is about 50$.

Thanks!

Replies

• lifegoeson25
    lifegoeson25 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have kept it simple.
    When I lost the first 5 lbs I was allowed to buy new swim glasses.
    When I lost another 5, I was allowed to buyt a new swimming suit.
    In this way I am motivating myself to work out even more :) (I don't think I have to tell you that I do swimming as a workout :D )
  • samanthaxb
    samanthaxb Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My UGW Reward is a tattoo! :)
  • coolblondenerd
    coolblondenerd Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I usually get something from my Amazon Wishlist. Maybe some workout gear I've had my eye on, or a book, or something. In a couple of weeks I'm going for a massage or a facial. Partially as a "YAY! EXAMS ARE OVER!" but also I've been doing really well here too.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i bought myself a new watch when i reached 220, when i get down to 190 im going to pretty much buy an entire new wardrobe, but thats more of a necessity than a reward
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Shoes.
    Always go for the shoes! :smile:
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Clothes are a logical item if you are nearing your goal weight.

Other ideas:
    a movie or museum trip with your SO or a friend
    Books or DVDs
    A class (it could be active, like a dance class or something offered through the gym, or it could be something that just interests you, like a mosaic class or some other artsy thing)
  • trinity5703
    trinity5703 Posts: 78
    Options
    A trip to the nail salon
    Flowers at the farmers market
    That book Ive been dying to read
    New purse
    A new CD to listen to
    A day off from work
    A massage at the spa
    Concert Tickets
    Tickets to the theater
    New shoes/running shoes
    A facial at the spa
    A day trip to a nearby town
    A trip to the salon to get someone else to wash and style the hair :)
    A new outfit or pair of jeans, a cute t-shirt, maybe a new skirt or dress

Personally, when I reach my goal... its a cruise :)
  • ardorrequiem
    Options
    A trip to the nail salon
    Flowers at the farmers market
    That book Ive been dying to read
    New purse
    A new CD to listen to
    A day off from work
    A massage at the spa
    Concert Tickets
    Tickets to the theater
    New shoes/running shoes
    A facial at the spa
    A day trip to a nearby town
    A trip to the salon to get someone else to wash and style the hair :)
    A new outfit or pair of jeans, a cute t-shirt, maybe a new skirt or dress

Personally, when I reach my goal... its a cruise :)

A cruise sounds... amazing. Thank you all!
  • ItsJustBeka
    ItsJustBeka Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My reward is a a four day trip to Gatlinburg, TN in about two months! Requiring myself to be down 40lbs by then :) I'm going to ride some roller coasters!
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My reward for reaching the halfway mark was to sign up for the "Color Me Rad 5K" run/walk. I'm excited to go out for a run and get messy!
    When I get to my goal I think I'll buy myself a nice pair of jeans, or some other cute clothing item and go out for a night on the town with my husband. :)

I've also bought some Pura Vida string bracelets and I add another to my arm every 4 pounds. So when I'm running/walking/working out, I look down at my arm, I see how far I've come and I keep on going!
  • AtomicOvary
    AtomicOvary Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am also rewarding myself for every 5lbs that I lose. It doesn't have to be complicated. I up the price of my rewards the further along I get to keep myself motivated. My list is as follows:

125lbs- New Swim Suit
    120lbs- Roller Blades or Bike
    115lbs- Vacation in San Diego
    110lbs- New wardrobe! - Goal Weight
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My reward is a a four day trip to Gatlinburg, TN in about two months! Requiring myself to be down 40lbs by then :) I'm going to ride some roller coasters!

Awesome!!! That was originally gonna be one of my rewards, too (roller coasters)...and it still was, but I wound up getting free admission. I hope you have a great trip!

OP, to answer your Q...I haven't really done formal intervals for my rewards. The one exception would be when I hit 199 ("onederland") for the first time in 22 years (January of this year). I bought myself all new makeup and a counter top Lucite organizer to keep it in. I love that reward and it motivates me daily when I see it and use it.

A lot of the time I've chosen fitness-related items like athletic footwear, exercise-specific clothing, a bicycle helmet, jump rope, or even a glow in the dark basketball.

Basically if I stay on track, I feel like I "deserve" cute new clothes when my old ones get too baggy. Although most of them come from secondhand shops or clearance/sale, the continued progress is the boost I need to actually buy myself the occasional full-price item.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    25lbs Sandia mountain hike in new mexico(we were already there)
    35lbs new bras( yes REALLY)
    45lbs, new workout gear weights and a set of exercise mats- was uner 50 bucks
    55lb new hair cut and prob bras again...
    65 lbs- i dont know hoping this will be around christmas ...

depending on how much loss you have, its best not to make the rewards too big, like a LOT of new clothes, because they will quickly be too big clothes...
    for me its been finding things in my closet that were TIGHT before now fitting loose or comfortably..