I don't like sugar free stuff...but.......

:frown:

I keep going over my sugar allowances. I know...I know....duhhhhhhh.........:noway:

but I don't actually eat sugary stuff, I think I mostly drink it. just I guess the stuff I do eat has a lot of hidden sugar in it. problem is im still often under my calorie count, so its hard to cut stuff out.

All I have is water. Blah....:yawn:

Does anybody have any good low sugar grocery staples in their kitchen...I tried to make a can of tomato soup and the sugar count was UNREAL!!!!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    I don't track sugar. Problem solved. If you eat any fruit you're almost guaranteed to go over your sugar.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Sugar is not the devil, and if you eat tomatoes it is good for you, regardless of the sugar count, unless you are diabetic - and even then you just have to keep an eye on your sugar intake.....
    I lost almost 60 lbs eating sugar (in all forms) and I am still alive...
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I got used to plain yogurt, with no added sugar or diet sugar. But not everyone can. I also drank coffee without sugar for a while, but missed it.

You do what you can.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I don't track sugar. Problem solved. If you eat any fruit you're almost guaranteed to go over your sugar.

This!^

I changed my settings to track fiber instead.....other options are available too.
  • 1Year100Pounds
    1Year100Pounds Posts: 10 Member
    Yep! Don't track sugar... Unless, you know you're drinking 6 sodas a day and eating a tub of ice cream... If you're eating whole foods, ignore it.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Big fan of the Chapman's sugar free lactose free fudgsicles.

That being said, as a diabetic, I don't actually keep a firm grip on sugar per se. I keep the carbs below 30g per meal. I mean, obviously I don't drink kool-aid or add table sugar to meals but once you keep the carbs under control, sugar usually follows.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Unless you have a medical issue where you have to cut out sugar, I wouldn't bother.
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    I'd suggest you don't worry about it if you don't need to. Also go look at the Amazon reviews for Haribo Sugar-Free Gummy Bears.

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-Bears-Sugar-Free/product-reviews/B000EVQWKC

You'll never go sugar-free again.
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    :frown:

I keep going over my sugar allowances. I know...I know....duhhhhhhh.........:noway:

but I don't actually eat sugary stuff, I think I mostly drink it. just I guess the stuff I do eat has a lot of hidden sugar in it. problem is im still often under my calorie count, so its hard to cut stuff out.

All I have is water. Blah....:yawn:

Does anybody have any good low sugar grocery staples in their kitchen...I tried to make a can of tomato soup and the sugar count was UNREAL!!!!

btw...I like your icon/photo...cute.

i know, tomato soup is really high in sugar. tomatoes are high in sugar. i wouldn't worry about it. keep mindful of additional sugars you are adding (like candy and soda--if any)...but unless you have issues with diabetes or other medical conditions that suggest otherwise--i wouldn't worry about the sugar found in fruits and veggies. i LOVE tomatoes...i LOVE tomato soup. I buy the no-sodium added tomato soup...but sugar is just part of this wonderful vegetable.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    I don't track mine either.
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    I'd suggest you don't worry about it if you don't need to. Also go look at the Amazon reviews for Haribo Sugar-Free Gummy Bears.

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-Bears-Sugar-Free/product-reviews/B000EVQWKC

You'll never go sugar-free again.

these stories are pretty hilarious and detailed. lol...Hellbears/hate bears.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    i dont track anything but calories and protein on workout days.. i recommend the same for anyone who is just starting out, further down the road you may need to cut back on sugary foods but for now you will lose just by cutting cals in general
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member

Just lost an hour.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member

OMG BAHAHAHAHA - this is so terrible but so funny....wow.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Unless you have a medical issue where you have to cut out sugar, I wouldn't bother.
    Agree!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    I'm diabetic and don't track sugar specifically, I track total carbs - as they convert to sugar anyway - so if my carbs are too high, then my blood sugar is too high - I removed the sugar tab and track fiber instead

I use the Walden Farms line of products for salad dressings, jelly, caramel/chocolate syrup etc - they are all sugar free/calorie free in a serving size

they also do mayos/bbq sauce/pasta sauce/ketchup, but I don't really eat that stuff normally so haven't really tried them
  • jwebster45206
    jwebster45206 Posts: 5 Member

It is all true. One of the worst nights of my life.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    I really like the idea of tracking my fiber instead --- I always forget that you can change the tabs!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I don't track it either. But unfortunately I've started to use splenda and stevia more just because I want to save calories :(