FITBIT Query

Options
I'm very interested in hopping on board the FitBit train but am unsure which model people seem to like the best. I'm debating between One or Flex. Which has worked best for you? Why? Thanks for sharing, everyone! <3

Replies

• J4KThatsMyDJ
    J4KThatsMyDJ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have only tried the Flex and I really like. The biggest reason is the motivation to stay moving throughout the day. I do my walking/jogging at the end of a day, so keeping in mind what target I set, it helps me know how much longer to hang in there during the cardio to achive my daily goals. Once you have friends it is also motivating to see how you compare to others, the quiet competitor that I am- I aim to stay in close range to top folks in my list.

Personally, the flex, for me- less likely to loose. Stays on wrist all day, stays charged for days.
  • SkinnyRuthy
    SkinnyRuthy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think my biggest concern would be losing the other one... Thank you so much for your input! I'm quite competitive myself. Glad it's working well for you!!!
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in responses to this I've just spent the last few days looking at them myself.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I had a clip one (earlier version than the One) and lost it, and given my knowledge of myself in general the safety of the wrist band is important, so I like the Flex. But if you care, my experience with the clip one is that it measured floors climbed, as the One does too (I miss that, as I live in a 4th floor walkup and do other stair climbing in my day), and could measure biking halfway decently. The Flex doesn't--you have to input it. At this point I'm used to the quirks of the Flex and really like it, but those are things that might matter to you.
  • vickiem74
    vickiem74 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love my Flex. The only time I ever take it off is when I shower. Seems to be fairly accurate and seriously easy to use...and best part...I can link it to MFP!
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one, and I love it! I like being able to clip it to my bra, or somewhere else discreet. I'm not a big fan of fitness bracelets, or visible pedometres. I like being stealthy. :wink:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I had the Flex and loved it. Unfortunately, I was one of the people who developed a rash from it and Fitbit replaced it with the One. I don't really have a preference...I guess I like the idea of the One being hidden and also showing you the actual numbers rather than just the % of your daily goal like the Flex(unless checking your dashboard).
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex, and really love it. I do like the fact that I am always wearing it (I track my sleep). I only take it off when charging it or when washing dishes or my son in the tub. (I wear it in the shower, but don't want to do full on immersion.)

The nice thing is people ask what it is and that causes the Flex to spread like wildfire. Since one of my four cubicle mates got one the other three of us got ours within a couple months (in fact one cubicle mate and I have the same birthday and we got the exact same Slate Blue FitBit for our birthdays from our SOs). It's spread to girlfriends, wives, and other friends. So that leaderboard is getting pretty full of people.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one! It is great! Discreetness was important to me, and I simply just wouldn't want to wear something on my wrist all the time.

It's such a great little tool, especially if you're motivated by competitiveness.
  • nsimon24
    nsimon24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love my One simply because it stays hidden during the day (it's on my bra strap) regardless of what I am wearing, and I have a summer job where it will be worn underneath a costume. The Flex would not be permitted when I was working since it is visible. I also rejected the Flex in that I HATE the feel of sweat under a rubber-type band (watches are the same) - so the idea of exercising with it on does not appeal to me at all. I do not notice the One at all.

I have had zero problems with it slipping off, or even threatening to, it gets clipped on in the morning and I'm good to go. My daughter is a super-active college kid, and loses things constantly, and so far hers has stayed put as well (hopefully I did not jinx it). Also, she just wore it to a formal dance under her dress, and was excited to see how her stats went up! She is fashion-conscious, so I suspect the Flex would have been left in her dorm (at a higher risk of loss) if she was unable to wear it to the dance.
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I Love my Fitbit Force. I love it because of the total package of tracking. It tracks my sleep patterns, stairs climbed, steps of corse and minutes exercised. If you are weight lifting or training its not a great device for you. It will only record the calories burned. I enjoy the reminders I set to get up and move. Personaly I wear it all day can't loose it and its a great watch lol. So I would get the Fitbit Force.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Can I ask whereabouts you clip the fitbits to your bra and do you honestly not feel it at all.

ETA

I've just seen you can get a armband so you can track sleep with the fitbit one.
  • rebalee8
    rebalee8 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have the One too. I liked the discreet thing.

If I'm wearing jeans, I put it in the watch pocket.
    Most of my workout clothes have a little pocket for it as well.
    Otherwise, I clip it to the center of my bra and I absolutely don't feel it.

I thought about the Flex, but visibility and the flex not counting stairs (which doesn't affect your calorie count, it's just a goal/count thing) made me go for the one.
  • aswarty
    aswarty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and I love mine! It's really helped me to stay active by seeing how much I've been moving during the day and I love getting the weekly progress reports. I actually lost mine in February and contacted fitbit and they replaced it at no cost to me, so great customer service too!

I normally clip mine to my waist but if that's not possible on my bra strap or in the middle - haven't noticed any discomfort from wearing it different places.
  • Kidominos
    Kidominos Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I have aFitbit One and love it. My sister has a Flex and likes hers but she has mentioned that it doesn't count her steps when she is pushing a stroller or shopping cart or any time she is carrying things and her arm doesn't move.
  • jwcomputergirl
    jwcomputergirl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I loved, loved, LOVED my Fitbit One until I lost it. :sad: I wore it clipped to my waistband. If I should be so fortunate as to get another, I would definitely wear it on my bra.
    Hmmmm... there should be a 'Where's My Fitbit' app like the IPhone/IPad app!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    idk, but if there is one that syncsto mfp and one that doesn't, i'd go with the one that syncs
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Can I ask whereabouts you clip the fitbits to your bra and do you honestly not feel it at all.

ETA

I've just seen you can get a armband so you can track sleep with the fitbit one.

I have the One - clip right between the cups of my bra. Don't feel it and I don't see how there's any way I could lose it.

It comes with the wristband to wear at night to track sleep.

I really like the One.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I should add the One clipped to my bra is noticeable if I wear a sports bra - but at that point I don't care. But otherwise it is completely discrete.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Ruthy I've just recently got the FitBit One, I clip it to the side of my knickers.:blushing: