Hydroxycut???

Options
What's you opinion about using Hydroxycut to help aid weight loss????

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options

damn! beat me to it.

second don't waste your money. if there was a magic pill that WORKED ACTUALLY WORKED don't you think we'd ALL BE TAKING IT! and not need this site.
  • mscleo1115
    mscleo1115 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Temporary Weight Loss = Temporary Results
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    doesn't do ****. i used to say that they are just loaded with caffeine, and they were. now i think they have a different active ingredient

you'd be better off with caffeine pills lol.

at best, they'd give you more 'energy' to work out.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    gif Friday!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I think it's FANTASTIC for the makers of Hydroxycut ...
    raining-money.jpg
    giphy.gif
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    workaholics-no.gif
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it but I think it's comparable to other stimulants on the market in the US. If you use it in conjunction with working out, it can allow you to work out longer or harder due to your heart beating faster. Your body does build up a tolerance so it can only be used for a short time. It might help you get over a hurdle if you have hit a plateau.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it but I think it's comparable to other stimulants on the market in the US. If you use it in conjunction with working out, it can allow you to work out longer or harder due to your heart beating faster. Your body does build up a tolerance so it can only be used for a short time. It might help you get over a hurdle if you have hit a plateau.

In other words, it can run you the potential risk for heart damage, right? Is it safe to assume anything that pushes you further than your body is naturally willing to allow is harmful? Not worth the risk. Not worth the money
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    There is no magic pill ... sorry. If you are truly bottom of the barrel unfit then the caffeine loaded ones can help you to do better workouts. But that's where there benefit ends.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    In all my years of trying various diet pills, I have only found three kinds:

1. The kind that works great but then gets banned.

2. The kind that hasn't been banned yet but probably will be, and that yes, might have unknown, harmful (likely cardiac) effects. In other words, natural stimulants.

3. That other kind of diet pill that either flat out doesn't work or used to work before they got reformulated due to getting one or more ingredients banned.

And I think that's all I've got to say about it.

Oh wait, one more thing: Even if you find something that works, don't expect it to work forever. Stimulants are really easy to build a tolerance for.

Okay, one more thing: Before you go pill shopping, try plain old caffeinated coffees and teas. If you don't already have a tolerance, you might be pleasantly surprised at the appetite suppressing benefits of sipping on one or both all day. A lot of the current crop of diet pills are full of nothing but different forms of caffeine anyway.
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Which version of hydroxycut?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Not sure what it is but the name implies that all you are "cutting" is water.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    hydroxy cut works the secret to it is you take the pills, then take what ever meal you are about to eat. cut everything in half and throw half away. next you go outside and run. ;)
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh Posts: 363 Member
    Options

2. The kind that hasn't been banned yet but probably will be, and that yes, might have unknown, harmful (likely cardiac) effects. In other words, natural stimulants.

3. That other kind of diet pill that either flat out doesn't work or used to work before they got reformulated due to getting one or more ingredients banned.

Oh wait, one more thing: Even if you find something that works, don't expect it to work forever. Stimulants are really easy to build a tolerance for.

Okay, one more thing: Before you go pill shopping, try plain old caffeinated coffees and teas. If you don't already have a tolerance, you might be pleasantly surprised at the appetite suppressing benefits of sipping on one or both all day. A lot of the current crop of diet pills are full of nothing but different forms of caffeine anyway.

the secret to dieting is……wait for it…..EAT AT A DEFICIT! Be patient..you did not put it on in xx days, you can't safely take it off in xx days. Get a scale, weigh and measure everything, eat back a percentage of your exercise calories, stay hydrated, observe rest days and get adequate sleep. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

the secret to dieting is……wait for it…..EAT AT A DEFICIT! Be patient..you did not put it on in xx days, you can't safely take it off in xx days. Get a scale, weigh and measure everything, eat back a percentage of your exercise calories, stay hydrated, observe rest days and get adequate sleep. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Yep, that is the secret all right. But some of us will eternally chase the secret of eating at a deficit or maintenance without feeling so hungry all the time. And the diet pills that work are the ones that kill appetite.

Edit: Not trying to be rude, though. Sorry if it came off a bit snarky. I just hate hate hate being hungry!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I think it's FANTASTIC for the makers of Hydroxycut ...
    raining-money.jpg

THIS 100%
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Had a friend take hydroxycut for months and he got sent to the hospital because his resting heart rate was so high. It's not a safe product for weight loss.

If you want more energy, just eat a balanced diet of fats/carbs/protein , drink plenty of water and get a good nights sleep. An extra kick? Coffee, tea, dark chocolate.