Fitbit flex help

Options
I have a question about logging activities into mfp while using my FitBit flex.

For example, If I go for a brisk walk on my lunch break should I log that into mfp as usual or does the FitBit do it for me automatically. I've noticed that the FitBit is increasing my calorie goal as the day goes on. Will it be logged twice?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• seashell709
    seashell709 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    fitbit will sync that walk into your MFP.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    The FitBit will log it with your MFP account, I do not log my regular walks, only the cardio I would do (like on the elliptical or spinning)

Now, when you enter a workout, MFP will adjust your calories burned accordingly. Here is an example from my day today:

657bkw.png

I entered in MFP my calories burned from spinning, which at that time, it said "359 calories" for spinning, and 89 calories from my FitBit adjustment.
    But I also went walking on my two breaks today. So, that's where my total burn comes from.

edited for a smaller, non overdramatic picture...
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    If it's a "stepping" exercise like walking or running then just use the fitbit version.

If it's something else such as weightlifting, bike riding, circuit training, walking at a big incline etc then log the exercise on MFP with the proper start time and duration. It will then overwrite whatever the fitbit calculated calorie wise during that time (it'll still count your steps though so that the total for the day is correct)
  • mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If it's a "stepping" exercise like walking or running then just use the fitbit version.

If it's something else such as weightlifting, bike riding, circuit training, walking at a big incline etc then log the exercise on MFP with the proper start time and duration. It will then overwrite whatever the fitbit calculated calorie wise during that time (it'll still count your steps though so that the total for the day is correct)

This kind of makes sense. So map my walk said 27:43 mins, 11:15 min/km, 218 cals. I don't know what fitbit said but I should just leave it and it will adjust?