BMR Testing (with Type 2 Diabetes)

Options
Hi,

I am new to MFP and want to see if I could get some constructive assistance. I am so frustrated! I got the test because I wanted to take all the guess work out however, I find myself super scared and sad after the test results.

BMR tested on 4/23/14

Results....REE is 1483
Maintenance Zone is 1483-1927
Weight Loss Zone is 1187-1483 (OMG)
Estimated burn factor during exercise is 1.30
Total TEE is 2081
Weight 229
Height 5'6
BMI 39

The dietician suggested I eat 1200 calories to lose weight (and that is not being able to eat any exercise calories back) I truly do have a SLOW metabolism (-17%). Its written right here on paper, I wanted to be one of those fat people that went in and got it tested and be told NO your fine you just eat to damn much! I do not want to have to only eat 1200 calories, for so many reasons but the main one is, where do I go from there if I need to lower my calories??? I have been doing it for 9 days and its super hard! OMG I feel like Im am always hungry! I do get plenty of protein and honestly you have to ONLY eat high quality food but even then you don't get much of it. Anyone who says they can get full of 1200 calories is NUTS, we didn't get fat by only eating 1200 calories. My issue with it is, if I CAN have more then 1200 calories why not have it right?

What I want to do is, eat 20% below my maintenance which is 1927 (the highest end). That would take me to 1541 daily. I will get exercise 3 days a week at Curves. I have decided I will kinda zig zag my calories to help me not feel crazy hungry because I cannot live on 1200 calories and do not want to start at the lowest end of eating. So I plan to eat 1500 calories on Sunday, 1300 calories M-Thurs and then 2043 on Fri & Sat to enjoy the weekends. That would give me 10,786 calories over the week. Logically that would be right at the 3500 calories needed to lose 1lb a week. What do you think? Any thoughts? Or am I just being a baby and a hog? LOL